Mommy of N.

Reacties
    16-12-2009

Qadr of Allaah

In the Name of Allaah…

Most people entertain bad thoughts about Allaah regarding their own personal situations and the situations of others. The only ones who remain safe from this are those who truly know Allaah, His Names, His Attributes, and what His Wisdom and Right to be praised really entails.

So let every sincere, sound-minded individual focus on himself regarding this, and then repent to Allaah and seek His Forgiveness from the negative notions he entertains about his Lord.

Look closely at anyone! You will find that people become upset with Qadr and blame things on it, saying that, “It should have been this way or that way…”

Some people behave this way only rarely, others more commonly!

Inspect yourself – Are you innocent!?

If you are saved from it, you are safe from something terrible…
    But really, I doubt you are even safe!

-Ibn al-Qayyim

This is a passage from the great writings of al-‘Allaamah Ibn Qayyim al-Jowziyyah, as quoted in the book, Kitaab at-Towheed, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdil-Wahhaab.

This passage was an explanation of some Qur’aanic verses exposing the notions and ill assumptions of the hypocrites after the defeat suffered at the Battle of Uhud. It is absolutely amazing how this great scholar tied the filthy beliefs of the hypocrites to our own hearts and actions, and guided us to take a an important personal lesson from the hidden enemies of Islaam and their false notions about the Wisdom of Allaah and His Qadr.

From the attributes of the hypocrites is that they do not submit to the Qadr of Allaah, instead they find fault with it, and claim that things would have been better had they been in charge of the affair!

Review Soorah Aal ‘Imraan (3:154).

Ibn al-Qayyim said, “Inspect yourself – Are you innocent?!”

I remind myself and my brothers and sisters in Islaam to sincerely think about the following statements and ponder over how distant we are from them in reality:

“That’s just great! This is why I hate Mondays!”
    “What is wrong with this laptop? Another virus!! And of course this would happen NOW, when I have all this important work to finish!!”
    “The car seems to break down every time I’m running late!”
    “My stupid cellphone keeps shutting down…!”
    “Oh great! One more red light! As if I’m not late enough!”
    “I stoved my toe on that stupid table!”
    These small everyday trials we face and the emotions we react with are all part of our personal test. Our reactions, beliefs, and statements are all being recorded!

With the above mentioned complaints and reactions, who are we actually displeased with? We know that the table didn’t do anything to our toe, right? We know that cars, cellphones, and laptops don’t actually choose to do things to harm us in reality, right?

So then, again – WHO or WHAT are we really displeased with when uttering these kinds of statements?

We desperately need our spouses, friends, and companions to remind us, quite simply, with the following question:

Are you unhappy with the Qadr of Allaah?

Let us replace the bad reactions mentioned with the very best guidance available, the guidance of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam):

وإن أصابك شيء فلا تقل لو أني فعلت كذا لكان كذا وكذا لكن قل قدر الله وما شاء فعل…
    “…And if something (bad) befalls you, do not say, ‘Had I only done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened, rather say: Qadrullaahi, wa maa shaa’ fa’ala (This is from the Qadr of Allaah, and He does whatever He wills).” [Muslim]

Let us affirm everything we face as the Qadr of Allaah, submit to Allaah being pleased with the trial He (and no one else) has chosen for us, and be afraid of a bad reaction that would be written against us and handed to us on the Day of Account.

And Allaah knows best.

Written by: Moosaa Richardson
    -

Verbannen

Reacties
    06-02-2013

Ter aanvulling

Mommy of N.

Reacties
    16-12-2009

BarakAllah oefeek voor het plaatsen Milkyway. Wat voor boek is dat?

Verbannen

Reacties
    20-02-2016

Verbannen

Reacties
    06-02-2013

Citaat Geplaatst door FransSprekende Bekijk reactie
    BarakAllah oefeek voor het plaatsen Milkyway. Wat voor boek is dat?
    Wa feeki baraka Allah.

Verbannen

Reacties
    20-02-2016

Verbannen

Reacties
    24-04-2018

Bismillah