Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Aanmoediging van een Broeder.

12-12-2005, 18:24
Encouragement From a Brother

by Iftikhar

Assalamu alaikum for those of u who read the article "Choosing The Desired Wife", you might have thought that it was too much of a dream... if u did think that, then u better read this little nice story.

I would like to humbly add my thoughts (i.e. my own opinion to this).

When I started looking for a wife, my only intention was to find a muslima that could help me to become a better Muslim. After praying to Allah many times, I came to know that a Muslim brother in my area had an unwed sister. I was told that she was 7 years older than I was, had no college education, and had minor health problems. Despite this, I arranged for a meeting to discuss the possibility of marriage. When I met her, I was impressed by her modesty (she wore a real hijab that covered everything but her face). She was not attractive, nor was she rich. However, at the conclusion of our meeting, I felt comfortable with the fact that she was what I was looking for. After praying Istikhara, I felt confident that she was right for me.

Our nickaah was performed only a few weeks later.

Oh yeah, this was a Muslim wedding - the kind where the men separated from the women, we didn't have disco music or belly dancers or any other kind of kuffar stuff, there might have been one brother who was NOT wearing Sunnah, and we spent most of the time praying, praising Allah, discussing what a great blessing the responsibility of marriage was, etc. I think the total cost of the wedding might have been around $20.00 US (we held it in my brother-in-law's apartment).

I had the time of my life!!!
Despite the fact that she is very stubborn and argumentative, she is one of the best Muslim women a man could ask for. And I am NOT talking about the way she wakes me up in the middle of the night for tahajjud, the way she covers her face in public, the way she investigates every action that I do, the way she will stop talking to me if I dont read the Quran or go to the masjid every day. I am talking about her fear of Allah and love for the prophet Muhammed (SWAS).

Not bad for a woman some people called ugly who has no college education or money.

I wouldn't trade this woman for everything in the world.

Many times when the discussion of marriage arises, I will hear one brother after another talking about how beautiful and educated they want their dream wives to be. Others will talk of love or family/racial pride.

Fools... (with all due respect)

In case some of you are confused as to why I am mentioning all of this let me tell you what I know (straight up)...

A PIOUS WIFE IS YOUR STRONGEST DEFENSE AGAINST SHAITAN
Marry a woman for whatever reason you want.......

My dua' is with you all-

Salamu Alaikum

http://www.zawaj.com/weddingstories/iftikhar.html

12-12-2005, 19:05

Citaat door Tarik15:
Encouragement From a Brother

Oh yeah, this was a Muslim wedding - the kind where the men separated from the women, we didn't have disco music or belly dancers or any other kind of kuffar stuff, there might have been one brother who was NOT wearing Sunnah, and we spent most of the time praying, praising Allah, discussing what a great blessing the responsibility of marriage was, etc. I think the total cost of the wedding might have been around $20.00 US (we held it in my brother-in-law's apartment).

http://www.zawaj.com/weddingstories/iftikhar.html
Zo hoord het ook te zijn..Tegenwoordig mensen

Masha allah broeder...Barakalofiek voor het plaatsen.

ps: leuke site

12-12-2005, 19:44
Ik zag de site net pas.

Ik raadt hem af.
Wa fiekie baraka.

12-12-2005, 19:59

Citaat door Tarik15:
Ik zag de site net pas.

Ik raadt hem af.
Wa fiekie baraka.
Alleen een paar van die vehalen zijn wel leuk..de rest is niet echt 100...

12-12-2005, 20:03

De verhaaltjes heb ik niet gecheckt(behalve bovenstaande).

Ik bedoelde de "zoek een partner" functie.
Tis gewoon een ordinaire datingsite, met de naam Zawaj om het Islamitisch te laten lijken.

12-12-2005, 20:09

Citaat door Tarik15:
De verhaaltjes heb ik niet gecheckt(behalve bovenstaande).

Ik bedoelde de "zoek een partner" functie.
Tis gewoon een ordinaire datingsite, met de naam Zawaj om het Islamitisch te laten lijken.
Ik dacht dat het een islamitische site, want ik keek ff snel...Maar het is niks..

12-12-2005, 20:27
waarom? de tekst opzich, daar is toch niks mis mé...

wasalaam'