Bekijk volle/desktop versie : The Smiley Gang

Pagina's : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

06-12-2005, 16:57
Iedereen heeft weleens een mailtje gehad over de 'Smiley bende'.

Nou ik had op een dag besloten om er maar eens een verhaaltje van te maken in het ENGELS en dat gaat als volgt:

The Smiley Gang.

It started out like a normal morning. The only thing missing was the sunshine. This year the summer had passed too soon, I still miss the scent of the waves when I was surfing along them on the beach, especially meeting Loubna for the first time. Although I still loved her, it was somewhat hard now, keeping the flame alive. It is like a quote I once heard “Love at first sight, after that it’ll just bite”. It was somewhat funny when I first read that, but now looking back at it, I’m starting to realize, that that particular sentence means more than it says. Loubna was still in hype about me, but I was beginning to get bored with her around me all the time.

I had my usual breakfast; coffee, eggs and Kashir, just how I liked it, in the shape of a smiley face. It always brought a smile on mine. Nevertheless, the smiley I once loved I would forever see as a sign of evil. Loubna looked at me smiling. “Good morning sleepy head” she said. “Well a good morning to you sunshine” I said. Although I didn’t love her as much as she loved me, I still felt a spark between us. “So, tell me, what are your plans for this evening, or is my little sleepy head going to stay in tonight?” “Well, I think I might take you out tonight, but if you keep bitching about it, I might not.” “Well, I guess somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!”

The next thing I know she started running up the stairs. I wanted to go up there, and try to comfort her, but it just wasn’t the right day for me. Maybe she was right; maybe I did have a little mood today. It was just that, the loss of my big brother, still had an effect on me, and every time I thought about it, the more it would hurt me, and I guess, she was the only one in front of me, so I took it out on her.

I grabbed my coffee, got dressed and wrote a letter, which contained my apology, guess I was too chicken to tell it to her face, so I wrote it down instead. The car to work was waiting outside, although I was still young, I got the job with ease. After finishing college, the first thing I did was apply for this job, I wrote that I had a lot of experience working with Microsoft Office®, since the job only meant working with Microsoft Word, I got one day to prove myself worthy of the job. It was easy, I just had to show them the basics, and it was enough to obtain the job. What they didn’t know is that nowadays everyone knows how to work with a computer.

I rushed off and took a last sip of my cup. Youssef was there waiting in the car, and the last thing he needed was to get late again for work today. I took one last stare upstairs, to see if Loubna was still mad at me, she was at the top of the stairs. “Going to work huh? Well don’t forget your lunchbox; work can get exhausting without my delicious chocolate chip cookies.” I smiled and left for work, I had to if I wanted to get to work on time, but if I knew that this day would be different from others I probably would have called in sick.

Youssef and I, we were friends since we were little, and I always could trust him. He was there for me, when I lost my brother, and there when I broke my leg one day. I was driving to work, when a car suddenly hit me from the back. It was a man, who was reading his newspaper, and forgot all about the traffic rules. I of course got a big stack of cash out of it, but that didn’t matter, what matters was the minute Youssef heard I got hit by the car, he rushed off to me in his car, and got me out of there as soon as possible. The doctors made sure I would make it, if it wasn’t for Youssef, I didn’t think I would've make it at all. That’s why we always ride together to work, that and my restriction from the doctor to ride for the next 6 months. I knew he always had my back, as well as I had his.

“What you thinking ‘bout?”, “Oh, just stuff”. He could always see if I was worrying about something, but this time I didn’t want him to know what I was thinking about. “That’s a fine looking lady you got there, I hope you don’t mess this one up.” “What do you care anyway? I never butt in to your problems.” “Temper temper, you should get that checked. But seriously what is bugging you?” “Please Youssef, not now okay? It’s just not the time for it.” Normal people would stop asking, but Youssef, he was too stubborn. So he pulled the car over, he stopped in the middle of the road. He knew that he would get the answer eventually, but waiting for things to happen wasn’t an option to him.

Therefore, I spilled the news, about Loubna, about everything and he just gazed at me and started the car again. After a couple of minutes, I asked him: “So, what shall I do man, you’re the only one who knows about this, can you help me”? Without hesitation, he responded: “You need to go out man. I know this place up in town, it isn’t like other party’s and you don’t get in without knowing the password. The police tried to investigate the place and guess what...” “What man?” “The police mysteriously stopped the investigation. Now normally I would consider this place bad news, but I think this is the perfect place for you, it’ll take your mind of the problems you’re having right now”. “Well Youssef, you know I trust you, tonight we’ll go there, but only if I you come up with a thing to say to Loubna, you told me that you didn’t want me to mess things up with her, well I promised her to take her out tonight, if I cancel she might get upset.” “Don’t worry about it, by the time work is over, I’ll have an excuse all planned for you, you just have to make sure that you come tonight, because these people don’t like it, if someone backs out at the last moment, either you say you come, or you don’t.” “I just hope you’re right about this, you know I trust you like a brother, now that I’ve lost him, I guess you take his place.” “That’s nice to hear pal, but you still have your sister, so you shouldn’t start replacing people all at once.” “Yeah, but me and my sister, we don’t connect as well as me and my brother did, and the only person who has the same kind of connection is you, and for that I look up to you.” “Stop it, now you’re just making me shy.”

We stopped in front of the office where we worked, it was cold outside, and so I really looked forward to going inside. “One moment pal, I’ve gotta make a quick phone call, be back in a sec.” I heard him talking about me; it probably was the arrangement for me to come to that party tonight, I couldn’t wait till work was over, it probably would be a normal day at work. “It’s arranged, now don’t disappoint me, there is no turning back now.” After saying those words I started to wonder, if this so called party, was more than just a party. It would be the party I would never forget, the party I would regret…

06-12-2005, 17:16

Hmm.. mensen vinden het nu al 3 x niks

06-12-2005, 17:20
HEEEY ga veder... ja denk dat je niet veel reacties krijgt omdat niet heel veel mensen engels kunnen...
Ga vooral door...

Boussa Nada

06-12-2005, 17:26
Ik tel voor 1000x, dus ga verder.
Ik wist niet dat jij schrijftalent had
Maar goed, ik kijk al uit naar je vervolg, die er hopelijk zo gauw mogelijk op komt.

xxx Soumie

06-12-2005, 17:27

Het vervolg komt nog, mensen moeten het wel interessant vinden toch, zo moeilijk is het niet een paar regels engels

06-12-2005, 17:39
Meer reacties mensen Don't be scared it's just plain English!

06-12-2005, 18:21
Okee, hier is het vervolg voor m'n trouwe fans:

“So long boss, I’ll have the presentation ready for you tomorrow.” “Well as long as it gets in before 9 o’ clock AM kid, than I don’t mind.” My boss was always a pain, but I usually did get the work done in time. Youssef was waiting for me outside; I just hoped he had an excuse to tell to Loubna, cause if she found out, it would mean the end of our relationship. I couldn’t let her go, not after she introduced me to her parents, in our country that means more. It meant I was thinking of marrying her. What also meant forgetting about my past, and what a past it was.

“Are you ready for tonight?” “I am, but I’m still not sure that Loubna will believe that I’m working late.” “Don’t worry about it pal, I got it all covered, you just make sure that you won’t back out at the last moment.
We were dressed in our best outfits as we walked towards the front entrance. The bouncer wasn’t looking to happy when he saw me. “Is this guy with you Youssef?” “Yes, his name is Mark, so back off, will ya?” Once inside it looked like something I’ve never seen before; people sniffing coke, others making out in public. It didn’t make any sense. Why did Youssef want to take me here, and especially the question why he said it would make me forget about my problems? I knew that he wouldn’t lead me in to bad stuff like coke, so I followed him, carrying all my trust. He took me to the first floor, which was right above the entrance. It had a balcony with a fire stow, which was perfect for couples, too bad Loubna didn’t come along for the ride, she would have loved that spot. I watched how people got drunk, got high and even got laid. I was still wondering what was so special about this place, so I tried to look for Youssef. I saw him talking to some men. I believed some of them were Antillean, I didn’t even know Youssef hanged out with that kind of people. I always thought they were bad news, especially by the way they always were in groups, always acting so tough. I wasn’t afraid of them, not one bit, I just think it’s stupid to fight with them over nothing, so I always stood out of their way. Youssef looked at me, and called me over there. I had to control my temper, ‘cause these people knew Youssef, so I could not fight them if they were bad news. I only picked a fight when needed, that’s what my teacher taught me. I was a kick boxer for quite a while now, but I never picked a fight accept when it’s not my fault, but even than, I don't go all out.
“This is Kuwas; he’s a friend of mine. We were thinking of leaving this joint, how about it pal?” “Yeah you’re right, this place sucks big time”.
I followed Youssef and Kuwas outside, Kuwas said: “Here grab these.” It were gloves, it was cold outside so I put them on and thanked him for it. Once outside they stood still, watching at a couple that was drunk and having fun together.

I still was bummed about what happened to Loubna and me earlier that morning. I would regret myself if she left me, before I could apologize to her personally. I still remember how I met her. It was at a bar down the beach. She was just sitting there having some drinks along with her friends. I was there with Youssef, we were discussing about what we would do the next morning. Instead, we played truth or dare, I wasn’t afraid to do something funny, so I chose dare. Youssef dared me to pick up a girl, but doing it on a clumsy way. I went over to the table where Loubna and her friends were sitting. I pretended I almost tripped over my own shoes. Her girlfriends were laughing, but she, she just smiled and winked me to come over and sit with them. The rest of the night was all laughs and pleasure. I forgot all about Youssef. He left early. I stayed there with Loubna, her girlfriends didn’t notice it, but I was hitting on her all night and she actually enjoyed it. I didn’t know it back then, that she would live with me. Maybe I just got soft and didn’t blow her off, or maybe it was just time to start a serious relationship and she was perfect for it. We of course didn’t enjoy our first night together, because of our religious believes. We were both Muslims and were proud of it. Although we liked each other very much, there was nothing that could come between our believes, and that meant that we couldn’t do what most people did who loved each other, unless we got married, and even though I loved her, I still wasn’t ready for marriage.

06-12-2005, 19:35
eey nieuwe fan erbij.........
ga v0oral d0or

-xxxx- Dahbia....

06-12-2005, 21:41
Dankjewel allemaal, morgen weer een vervolg

06-12-2005, 23:58
Hehe, okee voor jou dan miryam

We watched the couple, as the boy got out of the car and left her to buy something to drink. Kuwas was looking around if anyone was there. The coast was clear. Kuwas said: “That’s our queue boys, let’s go for it!” What did that mean, what was I getting my self in to? Was this really happening? I looked at Youssef. He followed Kuwas to the car where the girl was. She was drunk and couldn’t see straight. She didn’t see us as we got closer to the car. I just hoped that Youssef knew what he was doing. If he would attempt to do anything, he would surely go to prison. He might still be too young for it, but this wasn’t his first felony and plus he was still on parole. If he tried anything right now, he would ruin it for himself that is if he would get caught.

“Get out of the car bitch!” said Kuwas. The girl looked at Kuwas and she realised that this was a robbery of some kind. So she got out of the car and just stood there, shaking. “Well bitch, you have two options, either you let us rape you, or you get a smiley.” What the hell was going on? Were Youssef and Kuwas serious about this? Maybe it was a joke; maybe they would all look at me and say: “Gotcha!” But that wasn’t the case, no it was far from that. This was for real and there was nothing I could do about it. I could see how the girl was thinking. What did they mean when they said a ‘smiley’? It felt like I was in some kind of story, a story that had gone horribly wrong and I felt betrayed by the man I thought I trusted. The girl said: “Please don’t hurt me, I’ll take the smiley, please don’t rape me, please!” Kuwas looked at her with a smile on his face and said: “So you choose a smiley huh. Well in that case…” Kuwas grabbed a knife out of his jacket and he cut her face. One on the left cheek and one on the right, which made her look like... like she was laughing, he cut her face in the shape of a smiley. This was sick; I never saw anything like it. “Give me the salt Youssef!” At this point, the girl passed out and didn’t know what was going on. What surprised me the most was how Youssef handed the salt to Kuwas. The look in his eye, it made me think of the way he betrayed me. It was the same look he had when he robbed that boy on the train six months ago.

It was a Monday, like no other, the start of a week, the 2nd one that month. Youssef needed money, because he lost it all on a bet he made with a friend of his. The boy didn’t even see it coming. Youssef was looking at his wallet the whole trip and when they arrived at the station, Youssef ran to the table where the boy was sitting and took the wallet that was on the table. The boy of course went straight to the police. It took a while before they found Youssef, because the boy gave a pour description to the police. In fact, it was pure luck that the police caught Youssef. We were all in the mall where we lived and there of course were police. We stood there checking out some girls. The police came over to us. Youssef was afraid that he would be caught, so he stayed quiet. “Move it, you can’t just stand still, either you guys walk, or you can go home.”

I normally don’t respond to things like that, but it just made me so mad, that the police were so racist. I said: “Why should we be the ones that have to move, we didn’t to anything, were just standing here.” Therefore, the police arrested us for disobeying a direct order or something like that and you of course guessed it, they checked if we were wanted for some other criminal activities and they found that Youssef was perfectly fitting to that pour description that the boy on the train gave. To make sure, they put a polygraphic test (also known as a lie detector) on him, and he of course lied that he didn’t even know who the boy was. He got a sentence of 15 days at a juvenile prison, because this was his first felony, and it wasn’t anything bad.

07-12-2005, 00:04
nog een klein stukje dan erbij

07-12-2005, 00:12
Nein !!

Slaap er een nachtje over

Meer reacties mensen, anders komt er morgen nikss!!

07-12-2005, 00:22

oke okeee

morgen weer een dag Inshallah ..

maar bedoel je nou morgen 7 dec of 8dec??

07-12-2005, 00:24
want het is nu al morgen dan .. 7 dec twaalf uur is geweest

07-12-2005, 01:00
Vanmiddag dan..

Pagina's : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14