Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Bones of the Kings and More !!

17-06-2005, 05:53
Bones of the Kings

It is stated that once a King went hunting but was separated from his companions. The King spotted a weak and grief-stricken young man who was shuffling with some human bones.

The King asked, “How did you become like this and what are you doing in this deserted and frightening place all alone?”

The young man replied, “I`m in such a state because I have a long journey ahead of me. Two guardian Angels that have been appointed over me (in the form of day & night) are after me, scaring me, and making me run forward. Meaning that whatever days and nights pass, they are bringing me closer to death. I see a dark and narrow grave full of pain ahead of me. Alas! Soon I will be left in it to rot. It will be full of discomfort and worries. There I will become food for insects, my bones and their joints will be taken apart. This isn`t the end though. After this there is also the Day of Judgement, which will be tougher. Thereafter, I don`t even know whether I will be sent to Heaven or to Hell, Allah (azzaẃajal) forbid. You tell me, how can somebody who knows all this rejoice?”

After hearing this, the King was engrossed by sadness and grief. The King got off his horse and sat in front of the young man and said, “Oh young man, your words have snatched all my comfort and have taken control of my heart. I want to know more.”

The young man said, “These bones that you see piled in front of me are the bones of Kings who fell into the trap created by the beauty of this world. They themselves ruled the people, whilst heedlessness ruled their hearts. These people remained careless of the Hereafter. All their desires were left unfulfilled till death overtook them and the blessings bestowed upon them were confiscated. Their bodies have rotted away in the graves and their bones are scattered around in the state of restlessness. Soon, their bones will gain life and will again be covered with flesh and they will receive according to their deeds either a house of blessing (Heaven) or a house of torment (Hell).”

After saying this, the young man disappeared and the King couldn`t find him anywhere. When the servants found the King they saw his facial expression of emptiness and tears flowing down his cheeks. When the night came, the King took off his lavish clothes and wrapped himself in two sheets and went into the jungle to perform the worship of Allah (azzaẃajal). After this point in time nobody heard from that King ever again (rahmatullahi ta`ala alayhima)

. (Raudur Riyyaheen, pg. 200, Darul Kutub al-Ilmiah)

17-06-2005, 05:55

shudders of Death [/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! This incident contains much detail of the journey into the after-life and the upcoming states mentioned are very worrying. The mysterious `Mubaligh` (Preacher), whilst keeping the bones of the Kings in front of him, draws a sketch of the grave and the Hereafter, which is really a warning to us.

The affairs of the grave and the after-life are very frightening and traumatic but before this we need to taste death and the things linked to it, which include the pain at the time of death, the seeing of the Angel of Death, `Malak-ul-Maut` (alayhis salam) and other such painful events.

[SIZE=3]
thorny branch [/SIZE]

The Leader of the Believers, Hadrat Sayyiduna Umar Farooq-e-Azam (radi allahu anhu) asked Sayyiduna Ka`ab-ul-Ahbar (radi allahu anhu), “Oh Ka`ab tell us about death.”

Sayyiduna Ka`ab-ul-Ahbar (radi allahu anhu) replied, “Death is like that branch, which is covered with thorns, and it is put into the stomach of a person. When each thorn entangles with a vein within the body, the branch is pulled with extreme force. The thorns rip out of the body and tear some pieces of flesh too, leaving some flesh in the body.” (Mukashifatul Qulúb, pg. 168, Darul Kutub al-Ilmiah, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]1,000 wounds of a sword [/SIZE]

Hadrat Ali al-Murtadha (radi allahu anhu) used to teach about the significance of Jihad and would say, “If you were not Martyred then you would die. I swear by the name of Allah (azzaẃajal) in Whose Hand my soul is one thousand wounds caused by a sword are dearer to me than death on a bed.” (Mukashifatul Qulúb, pg. 167, Darul Kutub al-Ilmiah, Beirut)

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Hadrat Ali (radi allahu anhu) said this because a Martyr at the time of Martyrdom is overwhelmed by the visions of Heaven and if Allah (azzaẃajal) wills then he is enraptured by the visions of the Holy Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam). He doesn`t even feel the pain of death, whereas the one who dies in a normal state will feel the brutal pain of death.

[SIZE=3]
Terrifying figure [/SIZE]

In one narration it is said that Hadrat Ibrahim `Khalil-ullah` (alayhis salam) said to `Malak-ul-Maut` (alayhis salam), “Can you show me the form you appear in at the time of capturing a disbeliever`s soul?”

Hadrat Sayyiduna Izra`eel (alayhis salam) replied, “You will not be able to bear it”.

Hadrat Ibrahim (alayhis salam) said, “Why not?

So `Malak-ul-Maut` (alayhis salam) told Hadrat Ibrahim (alayhis salam) to part from him. He did so. When Hadrat Ibrahim (alayhis salam) looked at Hadrat Izra`eel (alayhis salam) again, he saw a dark and frightening figure dressed all in black with standing hair. An awful smell was emanating from him and fire and smoke were coming out of his mouth and nostrils. On seeing this, Hadrat Ibrahim (alayhis salam) passed out.

When he regained consciousness, `Malak-ul-Maut` (alayhis salam) had returned to his original form. Hadrat Ibrahim (alayhis salam) said, “Oh Malak-ul-Maut (alayhis salam), just seeing your figure at the time of death is a big punishment for the disbeliever.” (Mukashifatul Qulúb, pg. 169, Darul Kutub al-Ilmiah, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]dominance of death [/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Even after knowing about the shudders of death and about its sufferings, it is sad that we are living in this world with satisfaction. Ah! Our every breath is a footstep closer to our death and everyday we are moving closer to our grave. No matter how successful we are in collecting worldly wealth, we will have to get used to the idea of death. No matter how comfortable our life is, death will put an end to it. No matter how highly people might think of us in their hearts, death will remove this.

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Many proud and honoured people have been dishonoured by death. Nobody knows how many evil rulers have been thrown from their great palaces into the small dark room of their grave. It is uncountable the number of high ranked and highly respected people who have been taken out of their comfortable spacious homes and thrown into the unbearable discomforts of the grave. How many leaders are lying in the darkness of the grave who were once living in well-lit bungalows and mansions? Ah! It is because of death that the newly-wed groom, who was meant to be heading to his newly decorated room full of fragrant roses, laughing and dancing, fell into the darkness and discomforts of the grave, a room which is full of creatures and insects. Nobody knows how many youngsters, even before seeing the wonders of the world were hunted down by death and fell prey to the terror of the grave.

[SIZE=3]Deserted Mansions [/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! If due to persistence in committing sins, your worldly life and the religious life are both destroyed, then what will you do?

Allah (azzaẃajal) says in the Holy Qur`an, Para 17, Surah Al-Hajj, Verse 45: “And how many towns we destroyed that they were unjust, so now they are fallen down on their roofs, and how many wells are lying neglected and how many palaces are deserted” (Translation from Kanzul Iman)

[SIZE=3]Darkness of the grave [/SIZE]

Hadrat Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddique (radi allahu anhu) would say during his Khutbah (sermon), “Where are those handsome faces? Where are those who used to be proud of their youth? Where have those Kings gone to who built glorious palaces and strengthened them with the strong forts? Where have they gone who overcame the grounds of war? Indeed, time dishonoured them and now they are lying in the darkness of their graves. Hurry up!! Take the lead in good deeds and ask for forgiveness.” (Zammul Hawa, Chapter 50, pg. 498, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia)

[SIZE=3]Sleeping in the garment of carelessness

My Dear Islamic Brothers! The Leader of the Believers, Hadrat Sayyiduna Siddique-e-Akbar (radi allahu anhu) is giving us the mentality to worry about the darkness of the grave and is trying to wake us up from the dream of heedlessness - the darkness of the grave, the dangers, being food for the creatures, our bones being torn apart, remaining in the grave until the Day of Judgement, reckoning of our deeds. Even after knowing about all of these events, to carry on sleeping under the sheet of carelessness is most alarming.

Weeping of Hazrat UsmAn

(radi AllAhu ta`ala Anhu)

Hadrat Sayyiduna Usman-e-Ghani (radi allahu anhu) would weep so much when standing next to a grave that his beard used to become moist. Someone asked Hadrat Usman (radi allahu anhu) as to why he cried so much when he stood next to someone`s grave but would not cry when someone mentioned Paradise or Hell?

He replied, “The Mercy for the Worlds (salallahu alayhi wasallam) said, `Indeed, the first stage of the after-life is the grave. Whoever succeeds in the grave will find the rest easy and those who do not will find the rest difficult and unbearable`”. (Sunan ibn Majah, Hadith # 4267, Vol. 4, pg. 500, Darul Ma`refah, Beirut)

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Did you see? Our master, Hadrat Usman-e-Ghani (radi allahu anhu), even after being given the glad tidings of Paradise during his lifetime by the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) still feared Allah (azzaẃajal) so much. On the other hand we don`t even know anything about our final destination yet, we still involve ourselves in sin. Despite having mountains of sin in our Book of Deeds we are swaying with happiness and are heedless of the awful call of the grave.

17-06-2005, 05:57
Call of the grave [/SIZE]

Hadrat Sayyiduna Faqih Abu`laith Samarqandi (radi allahu anhu) relates that the grave calls out five times a day saying, “Oh human, you walk on my back, and my stomach is your destination. Oh human, you even eat delicious foods upon me and very soon the creatures in my stomach will eat you. Oh human, you laugh on my back and very quickly you will cry when you come inside me. Oh human, you rejoice on my back and soon you will grieve inside me. Oh human, you commit sins on my back and very soon you will be put to punishment in my stomach.” (Tambi hul Ghafileen, pg. 51, Daro ibne Kathir, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]Painful words of the soul [/SIZE]

It is related that when the soul is separated from the body and days pass. The soul asks in the Court of Allah (azzaẃajal) saying, “Oh Allah (azzaẃajal), give me permission so that I may ask my body as to what state it is in.”

The soul is given permission and it goes towards the grave. It examines the body from a distance. On seeing the changed body and water coming out from the nostrils, mouth, eyes and ears, the soul says, “After being very beautiful and vibrant, you have declined to such a state.” After saying this it goes away.

Seven days later, after seeking permission, it comes back and again looks from a distance and sees that the body, which had water flowing from the mouth, now has blood and with pus flowing from it. Water from the eyes has turned to pus and the water flowing from the nostrils has turned to blood. On seeing this, the soul says, “You have come to this state`. After saying this, it again goes away.

Finally, it comes back after another seven days. After seeking permission, it sees from a distance that the eyes hanging from the face, pus has turned into creatures which enter into his mouth and come out of his nostrils. On seeing this, it says to the body, “After living a luxurious life style of favours and delicacies you have come to this state. I swear by the name of Allah (azzaẃajal) except piety and good deeds, nothing has ever benefited anyone in the grave”. (Ar Raudul Fa-iq Majlis, pg. 49, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]Signs of a pious person [/SIZE]

Hadrat Sayyiduna Dah`hak (radi allahu anhu) says that a person asked the Holy Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam), “Who is the most pious person?” The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) replied, “The one that does not forget the grave and does not forget that he will rot within it, he who leaves the beauty of the world, who gives preference to the lasting life over the perishable life, who does not count the coming day as they are part of his life and includes himself amongst the people of the graves”. (Musannaf ibne Abi Shaybah, Hadith # 3430, Vol. 7, pg. 99, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]What you sow is what you reap[/SIZE]

Hadrat Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Mas`úd (radi allahu anhu) used to say, “No doubt you are in fast moving times and death will take you suddenly. Whoever planted the seed of goodness, very shortly he will harvest the crop of hope. Whoever spreads the seeds of evil, very quickly he will get the crop of humiliation and regret. Every farmer has a field of his own.” (Zammul Hawa, Chapter 50, pg. 498, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia)

[SIZE=3]Start preparing from now [/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Indeed the wise individual is he who before death is able to collect righteous deeds, and takes with him a `Madani` light of Sunnan and in this way arranges a means of illuminating his grave or else the grave will not care who has come inside of it, whether he is rich or poor, president or councillor, ruler or the ruled, officer or office attendant, boss or worker, doctor or patient or whether he be a businessman or unemployed. If anyone does not have what is needed for the after-life, did not pray `Namaz` on time, did not Fast (without a valid - Shar`i reason), did not give his Zakat being obligatory, did not perform his Hajj being obligatory upon him, was disobedient to his parents, had a habit of lying, backbiting, gossiping, remained busy in watching films and dramas, listened to songs and music, kept shaving the beard or trimming it less then a fistful, in brief remained busy in committing sins, then nothing will be obtained other than regret and hardship in the form of the anger of Allah (azzaẃajal) and His Rasúl (salallahu alayhi wasallam). Whoever, whilst offering their Fard Namaz also read Nafil Namaz, would fast in the month of Ramadan and then kept Nafil Fasts, called people towards goodness from street to street, learnt the Qur`an and taught it to others, did not feel embarrassed to give Dars (teaching) on the road, gave Dars at home, travelled with the Madani Qafilas of Dawat-e-Islami on a regular basis to learn and preach the Sunnah and also encouraged others, filled in the Madani In`amat card everyday and handed it in every month to his `Zimmadar` (person in charge) then, In`sha-Allah (azzaẃajal), he will see that the ocean of mercy will be flowing, and will witness the fountains of the light of Mustafa (salallahu alayhi wasallam) in his grave till the Day of Qiyamah.

[SIZE=3]Sketch of resurrection day[/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Now that we have been created we will also have a taste of death. What will become of us sinners? We can`t just rest after feeling the pain of death but instead we will be left in our graves to rot. We will again rise from our graves and see the events of Judgment; The Day of Reckoning will be very frightening. There are many valleys of pain and adversity in it. Try to imagine the terrifying conditions of the Day of Judgment. Ah! Ah! Ah! Mankind will be made to stand on the blazing hot ground made of copper; stars will have fallen, due to the sun and moon not having light darkness will be everywhere. But despite no light, the heat will still be there. Everybody will be in this state. All of a sudden the skies will rip apart. The noise will be ever so terrifying. Try to imagine this! Mountains will fly like carded wool and people will be like scattered moths. No one will ask another of his state. Brothers will not have eye contact with each other. Friends will hide faces from one another. Son will run away from father. Husband will move away from his wife and son will not lift his mother`s burden, no one will be of any use to another. Listen, listen with the ears of your heart, listen, in the 30th Para, Suratul Qariah, the description of the Day of Judgment is given in such a way…

Allah`s Name, Who is the Most Affectionate and Most Merciful.

“The dreadful calamity. What is that dreadful calamity? And what do you know what this dreadful calamity is? The day when mankind shall be like scattered moths. The mountains become like cotton wool. And then as for him whose scales are heavy. He shall be given a pleasant life. And for him whose scale is light. His abode shall be the bottomless pit. And what do you understand what that (bottomless pit) is? It is a Blazing Fire.” (translation from Kanzul Iman)

[SIZE=3]Tender upbringing will be of no use

Hadrat Sayyiduna Fuzayl bin Iyaz (radi allahu anhu) says that on the Day of Judgment a mother will meet her son and say, “O son! Did you not remain in my womb; did you not drink my milk?”

The son will reply, “O my mother, why not”.

On hearing this the mother will say, “My burden of sins is very heavy, just take one sin from me”.

The son will say, “My mother, get away from me, my own worries are upon me, I cannot carry yours or anyone else`s

burden”. (Ar Raudul Fa-iq, pg. 184, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia, Beirut)

17-06-2005, 05:58

My Dear Islamic Brothers! Besides these difficulties, we have to face the sufferings of hunger, thirst and face the sufferings at the time of reckoning of our deeds. There will be no shade except for the `Arsh`, which will be for the people who are close to Allah (azzaẃajal). Except these people the rest will be sobbing and crying out in the intense heat of the sun. Due to a large gathering of people, each and every person will be pushing and budging one another, and will regret committing sins. The warmth of the breath, the intense heat of the sun and the fear and dread will cause perspiration to pour on to the ground and go seventy metres down into the ground. People will sweat according to their sins, some will sweat up to their ankles, some up to their knees, some to their chest and some to the tips of their ears and some unfortunate ones will be drowning in their own perspiration.

Hadrat Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar (radi Allahu ta`ala anhuma) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (az`zawajala wa sallallahu alaihi wa`sallam) said, “That day when people of all the world will be standing in the Court of the Creator, many people will have so much perspiration that it will reach to the half of their ears”. (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith # 6532, Vol. 7, pg. 251, Darul Fikr, Beirut)

Hadrat Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar (radi allahu anhuma) said, “The master of Madinah (salallahu alayhi wasallam) recited the sixth verse of Surah Al-Mutaffifeen, Para 30, translation from Kanzul-Iman, “The day when mankind shall stand before the Lord of the Universe”, then said, “What will be your state when Allah (azzaẃajal) will round all of you up just as arrows are collected and put in a quiver. For 50,000 years He will not look towards you.” (Majma úzzwa-id, Hadith #11476, Vol. 7, pg. 285, Darul Fikr, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]rein of perspiration [/SIZE]

In another narration it is related that the Best of Prophets, Mercy for the Worlds (salallahu alayhi wasallam) said. “On the Day of Reckoning the sun will come close to the ground and the people will perspire. For some, perspiration

will be up to their heels, some to the tip of their shins, certain people will have perspiration going to their knees, some up to their thighs, many up to their backs, some up to their shoulders, some up to their necks, and for some it will reach their faces”.

Our Holy Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) signalled with his blessed hands that it will create a rein over them and many peoples perspiration will cover them and then the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) raised his blessed hand and put it on his blessed head. (Musnad Imam Ahmad, Hadith #17333, Vol. 6, pg. 146, Darul Fikr, Beirut)

[SIZE=3]Day equivalent to 50,000 years long [/SIZE]

Hadrat Sayyiduna Hassan Basri (radi allahu anhu) said, “What is your thought about that day when people will be standing on their feet equivalent to 50,000 years. During this, neither will you get a bite to eat nor a sip of water to drink. Till throats become dry of thirst and their stomachs burnt of hunger they will be taken towards the Hell-Fire and made to drink boiling water. After losing to weariness, they will plan together, “Let`s find someone who can intercede before Allah (azzaẃajal) for us.”

They will then face towards the Prophets (alayhimus salam) but no matter which Prophet they will go towards they will be pushed away. The Prophets will say, “Leave me alone, my own matter has made me free from care for others”. Furthermore, they will present an excuse that today Allah (azzaẃajal) has shown great anger, such anger that Allah (azzaẃajal) has never shown before and will never show this much anger again, until the King of Prophethood, the Prophet of Mercy, the Intercessor of the sinners (salallahu alayhi wasallam) will intercede for those who he will get permission for from Allah (azzaẃajal).” (Ihya ul-Uloom, Vol. 4, pg. 548, Darul Kutub al-Ilmia, Beirut).

[SIZE=3]How will we bear the punishments? [/SIZE]

My Dear Islamic Brothers! This is just one of the reflections of the Day of Resurrection and the sufferings. These worries are before those of the reckoning of the deeds and the punishments of Hell-Fire. Just think, today, if the heat of the sun increases we become restless. If we lose electricity at night we are overcome by fright. If we are presented with food slightly later then its fixed time we react negatively. If we don`t receive water when overtaken by thirst, we start dehydrating. If we perspire heavily due to the heat of the sun we cry out impatiently. If we get stuck in traffic we become displeased. If a bit of dust goes into the eyes we become uneasy. If our parents shout at us we become disobedient. If the teacher shouts at us we become afraid.

Ah! Ah! Ah! If for praying Namaz later than the due time we have to face the punishments of Hell. For missing a fast in the month of Ramadan we are left to starve and dehydrate. If for not giving Zakat, coins are melted and poured on us. If for looking at unlawful things our eyes are filled with fire. Listening to music and songs, backbiting, listening to wrong things becomes the reason of melted copper being poured into our ears. If for breaking relations and disobeying parents we are put to punishment then what are we going to do? There is still time, believe me! For the pleasure of the day of Resurrection, and for the hope of the intercession of the Holy Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) repent and ask for forgiveness with sincerity, from the bottom of your heart.

[SIZE=3]
Easiness on Resurrection day

My Dear Islamic Brothers! The Day of Judgment will be 50,000 years long. The disbelievers will have to suffer unbearable pain, whereas, blessings will be showering upon the believers. The Holy Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) said, “I swear in His Name, Who has my soul in His possession, the Day of Reckoning will be easy for the believers, to an extent, its time will feel less than the time of offering a compulsory (Fard) prayer”. (Musnad Imam Ahmad, Hadith #11717, Vol. 4, pg. 151, Darul Fikr, Beirut)

My Dear Islamic Brothers! If we have spent our lives carelessly and leave this world, if because of sins Allah (azzaẃajal) and his Messenger (salallahu alayhi wasallam) are displeased with us and if our Iman is destroyed, I swear in the Name of Allah (azzaẃajal)! We will regret greatly.

In the 30th Para, Sura Tun-Naz-e-at, verses 34-41, it is stated: “Then when the greatest disaster will come. On that day man will remember all that he struggled for. And the Hell will be in full view to those who see. Then as for those who rebelled. And preferred the life of this world. Surely, Hell will be their destination. But as for those who fear Allah, to stand before their Lord and restrain themselves from lust. Verily Paradise is their destination.” (Translation of Kanzul Iman)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wij bedanken broeder Sharfuddien voor het geven van deze artikel.