Bekijk volle/desktop versie : The stance of Ahlus-Sunnah with regards to Yazeed the son of Mu’aawiyah

10-10-2017, 08:45
Reference: Majmoo’ Fataawa Vol 3 Pg 130

Due to this, the belief of Ahlus Sunnah and the Scholars of the Ummah is that he (Yazeed the son of Mu’aawiyah) should not be insulted nor loved.

Saalih the son of Ahmad bin Hanbal (may Allaah have mercy upon him) said, ‘I said to my father: “Some people say that they love Yazeed.”

He replied, “O my son, is it possible for a person who believes in Allaah and the Last Day to ever love Yazeed?”

So I said, “O my father, why do you not then curse him?”

He replied “O my son, when did you ever see your father curse any person?”

It has also been narrated from him (Imaam Ahmad) that it was said to him, ‘do you write the hadeeth narrated by Yazeed the son of Mu’aawiyah?’

He replied, “No, and he is without honour; is he not the person who did to the people of Madeenah what he did?”

So Yazeed, according the Scholars, the leaders of the Muslims is a king from amongst the kings. They do no love him like the love of the righteous people, the Awliyaa of Allaah but neither do they insult him. This is because the Scholars do not ever curse an individual Muslim. This is due to the narration whereby a man who was known as Hamaar used to drink alcohol excessively. Every time he was bought in front of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam), he would hit this man (i.e. carry out the Prescribed Sharee’ah punishment)

So a man said, “May the curse of Allaah be upon him. How many times has he been bought in front of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam)?!”

The Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) replied,

Do not curse him, for indeed he loves Allaah and His Messenger.
Despite this, a group from amongst Ahlus Sunnah permit cursing him due to them believing that he committed such oppression that it permits cursing the one who would do it.

Another group are of the opinion that he must be loved because he was a Muslim who ruled at the time of the companions and they pledged allegiance to him. They say, what has been narrated regarding him is not true and he had many good qualities or he merely strived to arrive at the judgement of what he did.

However the correct stance is what the Imaams (the great scholars) are upon; that he should not be specified with love nor specified with cursing. Along with this, if he was a corrupt individual or an oppressor, then Allaah forgives the corrupt person and the oppressor, more so if such a person had great deeds of goodness with him.

It has been narrated that the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) said,

The first army to raid Constantinople will be forgiven.

The commander of the first army to ever raid Constantinople was Yazeed the son of Mu’aawiyah; Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaaree (may Allaah be pleased with him) was with him…

…So it is obligatory to withhold in this regard, to stay away from mentioning Yazeed bin Mu’aawiyah and testing the Muslims by him. Indeed this is an innovation which contradicts Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah. Due to this, an ignorant group of people believed Yazeed bin Mu’aawiyah to be from the Companions and that he was from the most righteous people and from the Just leaders. All of this is in clear error.

موقف أهل السنة والجماعة من يزيد بن معاوية

المرجع: مجموع فتاوى 3/130

…ولهذا كان الذي عليه معتقد أهل السنة وأئمة الأمة‏:‏ أنه لا يسب ولا يحب‏. ‏ قال صالح ابن أحمد بن حنبل‏:‏ قلت لأبي‏:‏ ((إن قومًا يقولون‏:‏ إنهم يحبون يزيد‏.))‏ قال‏:‏ ((يا بني، وهل يحب يزيد أحد يؤمن بالله واليوم الآخر‏؟&rlm) فقلت‏:‏ ((يا أبت، فلماذا لا تلعنه‏؟)) ‏ قال‏:‏ ((يا بني، ومتى رأيت أباك يلعن أحدًا‏؟)) ‏ وروى عنه‏:‏ قيل له‏:‏ ((أتكتب الحديث عن يزيد بن معاوية ‏؟&rlm) فقال‏:‏ ((لا‏.‏ ولا كرامة، أو ليس هو الذي فعل بأهل المدينة ما فعل‏؟))‏ فيزيد عند علماء أئمة المسلمين ملك من الملوك، لا يحبونه محبة الصالحين وأولياء الله، ولا يسبونه، فإنهم لا يحبون لعنة المسلم المعين.

لما روى البخاري في صحيحه عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه: أن رجلا كان يدعى حمارًا، وكان يكثر شرب الخمر، وكان كلما أتى به إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ضربه‏.‏ فقال رجل‏:‏ لعنه الله، ما أكثر ما يؤتى به إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم‏.‏ فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ ‏(‏لا تلعنه، فإنه يحب الله ورسوله&rlm‏‏.‏

ومع هذا فطائفة من أهل السنة يجيزون لعنه؛ لأنهم يعتقدون أنه فعل من الظلم ما يجوز لعن فاعله‏.‏ وطائفة أخرى ترى محبته؛ لأنه مسلم تولى على عهد الصحابة، وبايعه الصحابة‏.‏ ويقولون‏:‏ لم يصح عنه ما نقل عنه، وكانت له محاسن أو كان مجتهدًا فيما فعله‏.‏ والصواب هو ما عليه الأئمة‏:‏ من أنه لا يخص بمحبة ولا يلعن‏.‏ ومع هذا فإن كان فاسقًا أو ظالمًا فالله يغفر للفاسق والظالم، لا سيما إذا أتى بحسنات عظيمة‏.‏ وقد روى البخاري في صحيحه عن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏((‏أول جيش يغزو القسطنطينية مغفور له)&rlm‏ وأول جيش غزاها كان أميرهم يزيد بن معاوية، وكان معه أبو أيوب الأنصاري رضي الله عنه‏…‏

…فالواجب الاقتصار في ذلك والإعراض عن ذكر يزيد بن معاوية وامتحان المسلمين به، فإن هذا من البدع المخالفة لأهل السنة والجماعة ؛ فإنه بسبب ذلك اعتقد قوم من الجهال أن يزيد بن معاوية من الصحابة، وأنه من أكابر الصالحين وأئمة العدل، وهو خطأ بين‏.[/SIZE]