Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Advice To Those Who Are Tried With Love Of The Chair & Fame

08-10-2015, 19:20

So he clearly states the reason for his revilement of the scholars. And he will continue to come to the people with newly invented matters. Because he is, as has come on the authority of Ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, that he says: “What is wrong with the people that they will not follow me? I have memorized the Qur’aan and have acquired knowledge; they will not follow me unless I invent something for them.”

So he invents an affair for them by which he can become famous. Either he falls into an innovation wherein he attacks (others) with takfeer or he comes with innovations wherewith he opposes that which Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah were upon, from the various types of bid’ah in order that he will become famous and be recognized by way of it. When the scholars clarify to him that it is an innovation he becomes arrogant and rebuts them. The rebuttal is not done with the truth; it is only a rebuttal with falsehood.

I say this, O brothers, as an advice to myself (and O how I am in need of that), and as an advice to my brothers so that we do not fall into this calamity. I ask Allaah the Mighty and Majestic by His beautiful Names and lofty Attributes that He cures those who have been afflicted with this and that He returns him to guidance, truth, and the Sunnah. And that He makes him, if he returns, to be a sign from the signs of the Sunnah. And that He suffices me and you from the evils of this calamity. And that He makes us to be righty-guided guides who love goodness and its people and who support the truth and its people. This is a statement which I gave in response to a question which one of the students of knowledge asked me regarding this topic. I ask Allaah to place good within my speech and to make it good and beneficial.

Translated By: Aboo Ruqayyah Raha ibn Donald Batts
http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=123584

[1] The Shaykh seems to ask this rhetorically; and Allaah knows best. i.e. If the scholars didn’t speak on an issue, as you claim, then why are you speaking on it?

11-10-2015, 12:31

Whoever puts himself in a position of suspicion should not blame people if they think ill of him.

‘Umar b. al-Khaṭṭāb in Kitāb az-Zuhd by Imām Abū Dawūd as-Sijistanī (83)