Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Regarding a husband who beats his wife & spits in her face

09-07-2015, 06:33

My husband beats me and spits in my face for trivial reasons. What is your opinion?

Answer:

Every husband must fear Allah.xHe must neither beat his wife, nor spit in her face.

Allah (Exalted be He) states:

…and live with them honourably.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) stated:

Act kindly toward women! Verily You have taken them as a trust from Allah, and they have become permissible to you by the Word of Allah.

(Part No. 21; Page No. 254)

A husband should treat his wife kindly, fear Allah and be careful with her.xHe should treat his wife in the best possible way, being easy-going and gentle.xHarsh beating and ill-treatment is not acceptable in Islam.xIf the wife disobeys her husband, he may resort to the slight beating which leaves no mark on the body.

Allah (Exalted be He) states:

As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)

Allah has pointed out the procedures the husband should follow when his wife shows ill-conduct and disobedience. Slight beating may be used in cases of ill-conduct on the part of the wife or extreme refraction and rejection of the husband’s reasonable requests on a consistent basis. Even then, other measures, such as exhortation and sleeping in a separate bed from hers should be tried first. For example, he may advise her to fear Allah and to obey him or to sleep in a separate bed from hers for one, two or three days. When these two measures are of no avail, the husband may resort to slight beating that leaves no injury or mark on the body.xThe well-mannered believer should not be macho or tyrannical with his wife.

(Part No. 21; Page No. 255)

Rather, he must treat his wife kindly. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was an ideal husband. He should emulate the Prophet (peace be upon him) and be easy-going with his wife.

We ask Allah to guide all Muslims.