Bekijk volle/desktop versie : air jordan:Les Miles' Idea to Play 2 Quarterbacks in 2015 Would Be a

17-05-2015, 09:50

The quarterback battle raging at LSU between sophomore Brandon Harris and junior incumbent Anthony Jennings is arguably the most important in college football. Head coach Les Miles boasts a wildly talented team that seems to be a quarterback away every season since Matt Flynn led the Tigers to the 2007 national title.
Jennings completed just 48.9 percent of his passes last year, and when Harris got his lone start—on the road at Auburn—he completed just three of 14 passes before being pulled.
Coach Miles, however, is pleased with the progress of his two signal-callers through spring practice.
"There's a real closeness," he said during Tuesday's teleconference. "One guy hasn't separated himself from the other, and both guys are playing much better."
It's May, not August, so an unsettled quarterback position isn't exactly the most alarming development in the world.
What is alarming, though, is Miles' admission that both could play if no leader surfaces before toe meets leather in the season opener against McNeese State.
"I could also see a time where we have a necessity to play them both," Miles said. "I would like to see those guys going into fall camp and one separate from the other and be a clear-cut decision. With that being said, if that does not happen, you can't make it happen and we'll end up playing whichever is best for our team.
"If we have a guy who's going to compete with whoever the starter could be and step in maybe in the second series and say, 'OK, we're ready to do this,' I think there's an advantage to that as well."