Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Israeli-Canadian says ISIS kidnapping reports untrue: 'I'm totally safe and secure'

02-12-2014, 18:45

After reports of her kidnapping by Islamic State surfaced, the Israeli-Canadian woman fighting the extremist group seemed to have relayed a message on social media reassuring of her well-being on Monday night.

A Kurdish official in Syria also denied on Monday that Gill Rosenberg was captured by Islamic State

Rosenberg, 31, apparently posted on her Facebook that she was safe but had not been able to communicate with the outside world for safety reasons.

"Guys, I'm totally safe and secure. I don't have Internet access or any communication devices with me for my safety and security. I can't reply regularly and only happened to have a chance to log in and see these buklshit news stories. Ignore the reports I've been captured. Yalla, Acharai!," read a message on her Facebook.

Idris Nassan, a local official in the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani, said his people in the field reported that she had not been captured and dismissed it as propaganda.

On Sunday, Islamist websites – some of them known to be close to, or even serving as a front for, the terrorist organization – posted soon-disputed reports that Rosenberg had been captured during fierce battles with Kurdish fighters in unspecified areas.

The websites gave no further details regarding the circumstances of the capture, nor provided any proof of it.

The Islamic State claims did not make clear whether Rosenberg was in Iraq or in Syria. The main battlefield between the Kurds and Islamic State is in the Syrian-Turkish border town of Kobani.

Kurdish sources approached by Israel Radio reporter Eran Cicurel expressed doubt over the Islamic State report. They said Rosenberg was not in Kobani. In the assessment of these Kurdish sources, the reports of Rosenberg’s capture are probably the terrorists’ propaganda.

Bron

02-12-2014, 18:51

Brood bakken voor de Koerdische strijders:

02-12-2014, 19:07
op naar wereldoorlog lll