Bekijk volle/desktop versie : is kefir plant in melk haram?

08-09-2014, 19:58
is kefir plant in melk haram?

weet iemand of kefir haram is? dat is dat plantje dat je een dag laat gisten in melk en daarna opdrinkt. is goed voor je darmen en zo.

08-09-2014, 20:23

als je een flesje water pakt en je doet er brood in en je laat het 2 weken of een maand staan dan ontstaat er alcohol. dat zijn bajestechnieken. in de bajes doen ze dat

08-09-2014, 20:26
alcohol drinken is haram

08-09-2014, 20:58
Klik op onderstaande link, daar heb je info over kefirmelk, en de meningen daarover.

http://forums.marokko.nl/showthread.php?t=5033973&page=3

08-09-2014, 21:05

Kefir and Kombucha

Question: Cow milk is fermented with kefir grains, and little amount of alcohol emerges during fermentation. The resultant drink is called kefir. Additionally, there is a drink called kombucha prepared by reproduction of kombucha yeast and containing low rate of alcohol. Both kefir and kombucha are reported to have a variety of healing properties for many diseases. Is there anything wrong with consuming them for medicinal purposes?
ANSWER
Today there are a lot of medicines replacing kefir and kombucha, so there is no dire need to consume them. If a pious Muslim doctor says, "Kefir [or kombucha] will have a beneficial effect on your illness. There is no other medicine that is permissible," only then will it be permissible to drink it. A hadith-i sharif says:

(Every drink that has gone through the process of ihtimar [production of alcohol by fermentation] is haram.) [Abu Dawud]

Let us see how the abovementioned hadith-i sharif is explained in fiqh books:

When any one of honey, figs, barley, wheat, corns, millets, plums, apricots, apples, or the like is kept for a while in cold water, even if the mixture has not been heated, it produces alcohol and becomes like beer. Because beer has a bitter and pungent taste [as it contains alcohol], it is haram, according to Imam-i Muhammad, to consume it, regardless of the amount consumed or the purpose for consuming it. The fatwa was issued based on this. It is haram in the other three madhhabs, too. It must not be construed that the beverages in question are classified in the same category with respect to their chemical formulas because Muhammad ‘alaihis-salam was not sent to humanity to teach them science or chemical essences of substances, but to teach them the Islamic rules pertaining to the usage of substances. When milk from a mare or from a cow is fermented and assumes a pungent taste, it contains alcohol like beer. The former one (the one from a mare,) is called qumis (koumiss or kumiss), and the latter is called kefir. Consuming them is haram. (Se'adet-i Ebediyye)

Question: Yoghurt made of milk is not haram. Why is kefir made of the same milk haram?
ANSWER
Islamic rulings must not be judged based on mind and reasoning. What you have said is similar to saying "Why is vinegar made of grape permissible while wine made of grape, too, is impermissible?" Islam cannot be based on mind and logic. As many religions as the number of humans would emerge then.

08-09-2014, 21:05
there is a kind of mushroom/grain called "kefir" that people arround the world "report" it has numerous health benefits, but a certain amount of alcohol (0.8%-2%) emerges during its fermentation in raw milk.Moreover, it is believed that "Kefir" originated from the era of Prophet Mohammad but nothing in hadiths refers to such grains. I found contradiction,in online Fatwas, about it being halal or haram?.if it is prooved healthy, should one use it just for the purpose of treatment only? Should I stop consuming it & tell my acquaintances to do that? that is a big concern to me and i hope you can disambiguate this question for muslims.
Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His Slave and Messenger.
If it is proved that there is a percentage of alcohol in that drink, then it is not permissible to get benefit from it, even if the percentage of alcohol is little for it was proved that the Messenger of Allaah , said:
Whatever causes intoxication when taken in a large quantity is also forbidden to take in small quantities
· "Whatever causes drunkenness when taken in a large quantity is also forbidden to take in small quantities." [Ahmad]
· "Any drink that causes drunkenness is prohibited." [Al-Bukhaari, Muslim and others]
· "Any drink that causes drunkenness is prohibited and if something that fills a Faraq (a cubic measuring which equals about 9 kgs) causes drunkenness, then a handful of that thing is forbidden." [Ahmad, Abu Daawood, At-Tirmithi. (At-Tirmithi graded it Hasan and Al-Albaani graded it Saheeh)]
Al-Munaawi said in Faydh Al-Qadeer: "It refers to drinking it, i.e. if it causes drunkenness, then it is forbidden to be drunk, even if the one who drinks it does not get drunk with the amount he gets of it because it is very little." [End quote]
On the other hand, it is not permissible to use as medicine anything that contains a percentage of alcohol. It was reported in Saheeh Muslim that Taariq ibn Suwayd Al-Ju‘fi asked the Messenger of Allaah , about wine and he forbade him to use it, so he said: 'I only make it as a medicine.' He , said: "It is not a cure; rather it is a disease.”
Of course, this is the case if there is no dire need to use it and there was no other medicine that is free from alcohol that can replace it, otherwise, there is no blame on the sick person to use from it what wards off harm.
It is worth noting here that alcohol is the main ingredient that causes drunkenness in wine. If that percentage of alcohol is removed by evaporation or that its substance is changed completely into another substance, then there will be no harm in using it for the reason of prohibition is removed.