Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Vidal : 'Ik had gelijk om Bayern af te wijzen'

25-09-2013, 04:14
The Chile international feels he made the right decision to reject a move to the Bundesliga champions and is keen to stay at Juventus

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has insisted he does not have any regrets over his decision to snub Bayern Munich in 2011.

The Chile international appeared to be on his way to Bayern ahead of the 2011-12 campaign, but eventually opted to leave Bayer Leverkusen for Juventus.

Vidal, who over the next couple of weeks will begin talks about negotiating a contract extension, says he feels he made the right call to say farewell to the Bundesiga.
"I have never regretted the decision to not join Bayern because I'm convinced that Juve will soon be able to win the Champions League," Vidal told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I joined a great club, with very strong team-mates and an exceptional coach.

"Antonio Conte has enhanced my qualities and has got me to see football in a different way, a much more professional way. The coach is obsessed by a culture of work."

The 26-year-old then stressed that he is not planning on leaving Juventus anytime soon as his family is happy in Turin and that the club is in his heart.

"I have received offers from other teams, but my family always plays a decisive role in the decisions I make," he added.

"I see that my wife and my son are very happy in Turin. And then the value of Juventus is enormous. I have tattooed three stars and the two Scudetti won with Juventus because Italy is now in my heart, as is this club."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2013/09/13/4258422/vidal-i-was-right-to-turn-down-bayern?ICID=CP_3