Bekijk volle/desktop versie : My sisters wedding

23-04-2013, 01:26
Hello lovely ladies...

This topic is in English as I do not speak dutch :-)

I hope some of you could help me a little, my sister is getting married this summer in Al Hoceima.
I want to help, as I see that my sister is really not a typical bride. Quite honestly I think she doesn't have control of anything:P
The control freak that I am, I want to be able to step in and help my mother organize this.
This is my familys first wedding, and I know that the ladies of Holland are many steps ahead of us (I am moroccan from Norway)

Do you have any good tips? Things to remember?
Suggestions for anything wedding related?
Entertainment? Photographer, dj, etc. etc.

So far I know we have hired a wedding coordinator, the food, location and negaffa is fixed. But I want all the tips I can get for other little details

Thanks in advance ladies

23-04-2013, 02:03

The problem is that weddings in Morocco (and especially Al Hoceima) never go as you wish.

The most important thing is that if you have hired a ziyana from Morocco, you MUST make sure that she arrives in time. In the summer they accept multiple weddings to earn as much money as they can. This means that time is a big issue! For example: last summer I attended a wedding of my cousin. It started about 1 pm and it lasted till 3 am, only because the ziyane had agreed to do 3 brides so she went to all three of them! It was shocking for me, as I never have heard of this!!

So... The ziyana is the most important thing! Be very strict to her!

23-04-2013, 02:11

Citaat door Alhoceimiya_:
The problem is that weddings in Morocco (and especially Al Hoceima) never go as you wish.

The most important thing is that if you have hired a ziyana from Morocco, you MUST make sure that she arrives in time. In the summer they accept multiple weddings to earn as much money as they can. This means that time is a big issue! For example: last summer I attended a wedding of my cousin. It started about 1 pm and it lasted till 3 am, only because the ziyane had agreed to do 3 brides so she went to all three of them! It was shocking for me, as I never have heard of this!!

So... The ziyana is the most important thing! Be very strict to her!
Wow omg really? I didn't realise!!
They do several brides in one day? That is ridicilous! The one that they hired we have used before when my cousin got married, and when my aunt got married so they seem to be happy with her. However I am not all that pleased, not that it is my day but I am a detail freak and the worst thing I see is when they make already beautiful women look hidious and grey because of the makeup..
Unfortuantly in my experiance it's the common way in Al Hoceima =/.. I don't know how the ziyana will react to it, but I told my sister to bring her own makeup or at least let me do her makeup for the wedding gown..

I would die out of panic if this was my day:P al hoceima is really the worst place to get married !!:O Everything that can go wrong, usualy does

23-04-2013, 02:22

Citaat door Babydoll89:
Wow omg really? I didn't realise!!
They do several brides in one day? That is ridicilous! The one that they hired we have used before when my cousin got married, and when my aunt got married so they seem to be happy with her. However I am not all that pleased, not that it is my day but I am a detail freak and the worst thing I see is when they make already beautiful women look hidious and grey because of the makeup..
Unfortuantly in my experiance it's the common way in Al Hoceima =/.. I don't know how the ziyana will react to it, but I told my sister to bring her own makeup or at least let me do her makeup for the wedding gown..

I would die out of panic if this was my day:P al hoceima is really the worst place to get married !!:O Everything that can go wrong, usualy does
Hahaha yes me too! The only thing that you can do is be quiet and accept it, in case she leaves and abandon you.

Why doesn't your sister hire another ziyana, from Holland maybe, which works in Al Hoceima?

23-04-2013, 10:12

Citaat door Alhoceimiya_:
Hahaha yes me too! The only thing that you can do is be quiet and accept it, in case she leaves and abandon you.

Why doesn't your sister hire another ziyana, from Holland maybe, which works in Al Hoceima?
Good question, I really don't know. I guess they just hired someone they have had good experiance with in the past.
I don't even think they know that those exist :P

23-04-2013, 10:21
The ziyana's in Al Hoceima aren't that great, you guys should hire a ziyana from Holland or something like that..

23-04-2013, 10:33

Citaat door xBlacklemon.:
The ziyana's in Al Hoceima aren't that great, you guys should hire a ziyana from Holland or something like that..
I know.. it was really not a good idea of them.. But it's probably also to late to back out

28-04-2013, 15:51
Well, congratulations. Allah y kemel bel gheir
Important things to do is to make a list. A planning with everything till details on it (time when the ziyana comes, when everyones going to eat, music comes in (wich music you want to begin with >for the dj maybe?), when her husband comes in etc. etc.)
The things you want to do for your sister (if you will do something special) when your going to do that etc.
Thats about it what i got in my mind for now..x

28-04-2013, 15:58

Citaat door TaNgAoUiAYoUsRa:
Well, congratulations. Allah y kemel bel gheir
Important things to do is to make a list. A planning with everything till details on it (time when the ziyana comes, when everyones going to eat, music comes in (wich music you want to begin with >for the dj maybe?), when her husband comes in etc. etc.)
The things you want to do for your sister (if you will do something special) when your going to do that etc.
Thats about it what i got in my mind for now..x
Thank you for your responce!! I really appriciate it..
It's like I mentioned our first wedding in my immidate family so I am certain a lot of details can be missed that's why I need your helping heads

I am trying to think of things that I can do and contribute with but I am not sure what..
I know she wants me to do her makeup for the wedding dress.. however not sure how the ziyana will think of that:P

Other than that I am looking around for decoration ideas and such that I know I am good at, the smaller details that my mother will probably be to busy to be conserned with:P

29-04-2013, 12:12
when it comes to weddings in Marocco, you should just lean back and let it all happen. The wedding services there don't listen anyway and they do as they please. My sister got married in Morocco and we had the same frustrations. The ziana/negaffa puts too much make up on because it is fashionable(her words)

the decoration team came at 9PM when the quests were already there, the DJ (if you can call it that) kept repeating the same songs and the equipment wasn't good. They sent one girl to do the filming and take pictures as well so the DVD came out rubbish.

so don't stress and just go with the flow, otherwise you won't enjoy the wedding and that would be too bad.

good luck with the planning!!

29-04-2013, 12:16

Citaat door sarah2012:
when it comes to weddings in Marocco, you should just lean back and let it all happen. The wedding services there don't listen anyway and they do as they please. My sister got married in Morocco and we had the same frustrations. The ziana/negaffa puts too much make up on because it is fashionable(her words)

the decoration team came at 9PM when the quests were already there, the DJ (if you can call it that) kept repeating the same songs and the equipment wasn't good. They sent one girl to do the filming and take pictures as well so the DVD came out rubbish.

so don't stress and just go with the flow, otherwise you won't enjoy the wedding and that would be too bad.

good luck with the planning!!
This sounds like my biggest fear and it's not even my wedding!!
You are totaly right, I have yet to see a really good wedding in Morocco. Expecially in Al hoceima.. allah ihsan 3awan:P

I am so not looking forward to the day that it is my turn..PANIC mode haha for real I am not joking =/

Thank u so much for ur kind words!!

29-04-2013, 13:27
You have to make sure she makes the right dessicion when it comes to traditional food, cookies, with a little modern touch like the salad ( royal salades) the bestella's and many more, u have to pick a good dj who makes everybody swing

But most important of all u have to choose a wow-ziana and a great location
The photographer has to connect with you, those points are so so important, and only invite the people u love

Last but not least : THE WEDDING DRESS
good luck with everything, allah ikemel bi kheir

29-04-2013, 13:39

Citaat door Lamyss:
You have to make sure she makes the right dessicion when it comes to traditional food, cookies, with a little modern touch like the salad ( royal salades) the bestella's and many more, u have to pick a good dj who makes everybody swing

But most important of all u have to choose a wow-ziana and a great location
The photographer has to connect with you, those points are so so important, and only invite the people u love

Last but not least : THE WEDDING DRESS
good luck with everything, allah ikemel bi kheir
Thanks love!

The wedding dress is in the making still, from what I have seen it looks great. She has this Jessica Burciaga body wreeeeh haha so in her case even a plastic bag would work :/ Jealous

When it comes to location we have rented a tent so the wedding will be outside.
The neggafa I have seen her work from years back was good, I don't know anymore but in the worst case scenario I will wipe off her makeup and do it myself haha

Dj and photographer we haven't gotten that far.
Anyone with tips of good ones in Al Hoceima?

amen inshallah!