Bekijk volle/desktop versie : El Ahmadi, Dunne en Bent naar moskee in Birmingham

24-10-2012, 19:52
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2957257,00.html

Faith and football are two things that are extremely important to Villa star Karim El Ahmadi.

Two of the midfielder's Villa team-mates were given an insight into the former when they joined him on a visit to Birmingham Central Mosque this week.

El Ahmadi, Darren Bent and Richard Dunne met faith leader Abdul Rashid and took part in a presentation about Islam with Mr Rashid and members of the media.

The visit was a further example of Villa's commitment to equality and diversity, in a week when the club is demonstrating its support for the Kick It Out campaign.

It was particularly significant for El Ahmadi, a practising Muslim, who says his faith "makes me a stronger person."

Birmingham Central Mosque is visited by thousands of people every week and is open as a religious institution to visitors of all religions.

"My religion is very important to me," said El Ahmadi.

"It makes me stronger as a person and also mentally.

"I think the most important thing is if you are a Muslim, a Christian or a Jew, we have to respect each other.

"We have to have respect for every culture and everybody has to feel comfortable with what they want to do.

"It is the first time I have visited this mosque. Now I know the way to this mosque I will try to go every week.

"I am looking forward to praying here. My religion is very important to me.

"It is No.1 in my life and I think without it I would not be the person I am now."

24-10-2012, 19:54

Insha'Allah worden Dunne & Bent moslims