Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Real Madrid geland in Koeweit

15-05-2012, 19:44
Real Madrid landed in Kuwait after a six hour flight. The team and club representatives will stay at the Regency Hotel, where the team will remain until two hours before tomorrow's 19:15 CET match (20:15 local time) against the Kuwait national team.
Jose Mourinho and Iker Casillas gave a press conference at Kuwait's Regency Hotel ahead of tomorrow's friendly with the country's national team.

Mourinho
"This is the first time I visit this country, but we're not here as tourists; we're here to play and try to win the match. We know it's a friendly, but Real Madrid always have to elevate their prestige as much as possible. That's why we've travelled with the entire team. Everyone will play tomorrow to honour their names and the prestige of Real Madrid. They are a little tired because of the tough season we had, but everyone's in good form."

"We have respect for Kuwait's national team, but people should realise we just celebrated winning the league title, we had a seven hour flight and we've hardly trained for this. It's important no one sustains any injuries tomorrow because many of my men are already thinking about the Euro. We intend to play a good game and we'll try to win."

"We won the championship thanks to all the players on the squad, but Ronaldo is special because he scores goals in all sorts of ways and in every position. He and Messi are above the rest and, if there is any justice in football, Cristiano will win the Ballon d'Or this year."

"Real Madrid wanted to play in Kuwait and it would have been difficult to do so in the preseason due to short holidays and the weather. My men would have liked to be on holiday now, but they responded well to this venture for the prestige of Real Madrid. We're here to do a good job."

Casillas
"We intend to play a friendly that will have a party atmosphere. We want to give a great performance so that people enjoy watching Real Madrid play. We want to win."

"Ronaldo is one of the two most influential players in the world. He is an important pillar at Real Madrid and he is symbolising an era."