Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Britse schoolmeisjes kleden zich als prostituees

Pagina's : [1] 2

11-01-2012, 11:36
Nu word ze geprezen stel je voor dat ze muslima was!!!

'I don't want men to look at me like a piece of meat': Why the UK's most modest woman insists on covering up... and says British schoolgirls dress 'like prostitutes'

Burkinni?

'My clothes have a function - they cover me and keep me warm.'

By Deborah Arthurs
Last updated at 8:16 AM on 11th January 2012

Could this be the most modest woman in Britain? Lillian La Mantia is so cautious about flashing the flesh she even wears a full-body bathing suit to the beach.

As well as covering her hair, Lillian likes her outfits to reach from ankle and wrist right up to her collarbone. And she's on a one-woman mission to get the other women in Britain to stay - at least a bit more - covered up.

The 34-year-old, from near Farnham, Surrey, who only wears flat shoes and never uses make up, says women in the UK could learn from her example.

Too risqué: Lillian La Matia says she despairs of the amount of flesh revealed by British women. 'Some of the girls look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. It wasn't that long ago that's what a prostitute wore,' she says
But she is at her wits end trying to find clothing that doesn't bare some part of her body. And she is frequently stunned by how little some women wear on the streets.

Lillian said: 'It saddens me how women feel like they have to show off their breasts and, in some cases, bottoms, to feel like they look good.

'You see women wearing very short skirts, sandals and tops that only just cover their breasts and earrings and nothing else.

'Sometimes you see girls who are maybe 12 and they are wearing make up and high heels and clothing that is just not appropriate for a child.

'It should shock you when you see a child dressed as a prostitute.

'Some of the girls going to school look like they are Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. It wasn't that long ago that's what a prostitute wore.'

Part of Lillian's unconventional dress code is because she is a Seventh Day Adventist, a church which encourages but does not demand modesty.

Her views on baring flesh have some similarities to those commonly associated with the Amish community.

Covered up: Adventist Lillian, who is forced to shop on Mormon websites for her clothes, models the conservative clothes she favours, left, and right, the full-body swimsuit she wears to the beach
But more specifically, the former PA at a pharmaceuticals company simply believes modesty is best - because it means she'll get more respect when she is out in the streets.

She said: 'I was with some friends who were visiting from outside the UK recently and they couldn't understand why some women were undressed in the cold.

'For me, dressing modestly is about respect - for myself, my husband, the other people around me. I don't want men to look at me like a piece of meat. I'm not out to seduce people when I go to the shops.

'Some people might say I dress like I'm Amish, but I always aim to be fashionable. I just don't need to show off my chest to do that.

'I wear dresses because I want to be feminine. I expect that some people probably see my views as old fashioned or strange, but it's something I've decided for myself - and it works well.

'My clothes have a function - they cover me and keep me warm.'

Demure: Lillian says she struggled to find a wedding dress with sleeves when she married husband, Italian chef Gabriele, in 2007. 'I was offered one with inch-wide straps when I asked for sleeves,' she says
Her husband Gabriele, an Italian chef, also shares her views on modesty and prefers that she doesn't wear make-up or dye her hair.

Even on the beach Lillian covers up with a specially designed suit that meet her needs - covering her down to her mid-calves and up to the neck.

The mother to two-year-old Joshua says her quest for modesty has left her frustrated at the clothes on offer for women in the UK.

And she has been left on the verge of tears after shopping all day and not finding a single thing to wear.

She said: 'When I was looking for a wedding dress I asked the shop assistant if they had one with sleeves, and she brought me one with inch-wide straps.

'I just walked out of the shop. Sometimes I'm so frustrated I could cry. I don't think I've seen a neckline in the recent years that I'm comfortable with, and you are lucky to even get sleeves.

'I have had to order things from Mormon websites in the US, and I've even thought about opening my own shop for modest women in the UK.

'Many of my clothes come from charity shops, because some 'older' fashions tend to be more modest. But these days even that is becoming more of struggle.'

So limited are Lillian's choices that she has even resorted to making her own clothes.

About 50 per cent of the clothes in her wardrobe are made from modest patterns she has found online.

But Lillian says the clothes she wears make people treat her better than women who subscribe to the latest immodest fashions.

She said: 'Men will open doors for me and won't swear in front of me, and they talk differently to me than they do to the other women.

'I tend to get treated with more respect because of what I wear.

'I dress like a lady and I think people respond to that - they treat me like a lady.

'I've got respect for my body and I don't want anyone other than my husband seeing it.'

But the upside to thrifty Lillian's dilemma is that she spent just £40 on clothes last year - mostly on thick wool tights for winter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2084662/Modest-Lillian-La-Mantia-34-wears-body-swimsuit-says-British-girls-dress-like-prostitutes.html?printingPage=true

11-01-2012, 11:40

Leuk, dat bloemenmotiefje.

11-01-2012, 11:44

Citaat door Snoek:
Leuk, dat bloemenmotiefje.
UK heeft toch verplichte uniformen naar school?

11-01-2012, 11:44
Titel moet zijn: vrouwen voelen zich bedreigd door mannen die hen als een stuk vlees zien.

Laten mannen zich eens leren beheersen, in plaats van die verantwoordelijk bij vrouwen te leggen.

11-01-2012, 11:45

Het vooroordeel van hoe een prostituee eruit ziet werkt hier prima door, haal dat weg en de rest rafelt ook weg.

Je kan ook bedekt gaan zonder voor lul te lopen, misschien moet iemand dat even zeggen tegen die meid.

Wel hoerig dat ze met blote enkels in de krant gaat staan.

11-01-2012, 11:47

Citaat door Moonboi:
Je kan ook bedekt gaan zonder voor lul te lopen, misschien moet iemand dat even zeggen tegen die meid.

Citaat door Snoek:
Wel hoerig dat ze met blote enkels in de krant gaat staan.

11-01-2012, 11:49
Het valt mij op dat dit soort bezwaar vrijwel altijd komt van mannen, of van vrouwen die zelfs met jarretels en hoge hakken nog niet als seksueel interessant kunnen worden aangemerkt. Je zou bijna denken dat er nog andere motieven meespelen.

11-01-2012, 11:49
Overigens "some girls"... tja.

11-01-2012, 11:50

Citaat door amused:
Het valt mij op dat dit soort bezwaar vrijwel altijd komt van mannen, of van vrouwen die zelfs met jarretels en hoge hakken nog niet als seksueel interessant kunnen worden aangemerkt. Je zou bijna denken dat er nog andere motieven meespelen.
Die vrouwen die jij noemt worden als xxxx neergezet dus zo vreemd is het niet dat ze zouden reageren.
Die mannen herkennen dat onrecht ook dus daar geld hetzelfde.

11-01-2012, 11:56

Citaat door Petrus:
Die vrouwen die jij noemt worden als xxxx neergezet dus zo vreemd is het niet dat ze zouden reageren.
Die mannen herkennen dat onrecht ook dus daar geld hetzelfde.
Ik ken best veel vrouwen die niet die ervaring hebben ondanks dat hun kleding een stuk minder smaak- en vormloos is, en hun uiterlijk een heel stuk beter dan de vrouw op deze foto.

11-01-2012, 12:42

De kleding die ze hier draagt is haar badpak...dus zoals jullie met je string op het strand liggen

11-01-2012, 14:10

Citaat door amused:
Logisch, lelijke vrouwen zijn maar wat jaloers, evengoed als arme mensen voortdurend succesvolle hardwerkende mensen graaiers noemen.
Afgunst is het, meer niet. Menig gelovige vind in zijn religie een excuus om die zwakheden te rechtvaardigen, vandaar dat gelovige mensen ook zo vaak zonder blikken of blozen xxxx, dief en zondaar roepen. Ze willen het ook, maar kunnen het niet, en sluiten zich daarom maar aan bij de groep die het verbieden wil.

11-01-2012, 14:20

Citaat door Moonboi:

Pagina's : [1] 2