Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Lang interview Gerets

03-11-2011, 02:22
Eric Gerets who has succeeded to qualify the Atlas Lions in the African Cup of Nations back in 2012 an interview with the Morning on Morocco's chances in the final stages and its relationship with its players.

A word about the opponents of Morocco in Group C which contains Gabon, Tunisia and Niger?

I think this is a balanced group. I expect to receive DVD to properly analyze each team. Tunisia to Morocco are enjoying a renaissance not only in their national team, but also at club level since the Tunisian clubs will play a double confrontation with African Cup of Moroccan clubs. This is an enemy that must be taken very seriously. It is also against Gabon who plays her. This is certainly an advantage since moving to the public. Niger, we have met a few months ago. This is a group that is not easy, but doable.

Is that playing with the host country does not complicate a little easier for the Atlas Lions?

It may play well if the Gabon and if their public is behind them.

Do you know that Morocco maintains a bad memory of this team in the playoffs combined the 2010 World Cup and African Cup of that year which was played in Angola?

That's the past. You know I do not live in the past. I live in the present and I prepare for the future. The double defeat to Gabon, two years ago, does not matter. We have to prove that we can take a game in hand even outside as we have already made some time since I'm here. Do not be afraid.

What is your assessment of the course of the national team in the playoffs of the CAN-2012?

My balance is very positive. I think everyone has seen that there is a merger between the team and me. Even more than that, there's respect and friendship between us. There is also a good mentality that has developed in the group that is exemplary. I think everyone knows that there are patterns in the team who are respected and accepted by everyone. And as long as it does, the job of a coach gets a little easier. If there is a small problem, I need to talk about two minutes to three with two or three key players for the problem to be solved without my intervention. It is probably this fact that I am very happy because there is something very intense between me and my group. In addition, there have been results, we also found our game and we managed to gain respect again. I think it's something very good.

You will play your first finals of the CAN as a coach, how do you feel at the thought of playing this tournament as a coach?

Although I do not live in the past, and although at one time or another, we remember the tournaments we played, yourself, as a player. I played the finals of the Euro and three World Cups. Inevitably, we remember these moments that are magical. In these competitions, we live with the group three to four weeks together. Then we prepare every game. In case of victory, it qualifies to the next round is prepared as well.

My idea since I got it to go to the African Cup with the conviction to win. So we will certainly enjoy.

What is the reconstruction of the national team?

I think a big part of the reconstruction has already been made.

The fact that fewer new players at each meeting shows that I am happy with the performance of my guys are there. Now I will try to see one or two players that I have not seen at the LG Cup tournament. I hope they will be able to come because they are still hesitating between Morocco and another country.

You're referring to who exactly?

I can tell you now. I prefer to touch first to make sure they will come, otherwise it is useless to put on the list.

Will you continue with the central hinge-El Benatia Kaoutar or will you re-pair Benatia El Kantara?

The two players who will be next to Benatia will deliver a good battle and it's the best sport to be aligned. It will be complicated because both players have given me great satisfaction. The fact that we also conceded few goals proves that my central hinge, like the whole team is quality.

Do you leave your job if you do not bring the title?

No.

So you will honor your contract until 2014?

You know, my job should not be too calculating what will happen in a year or six months. But I intend to continue to lead the national team. If tomorrow people will not be happy with my work is for them to take action. For me, there is no reason to be dissatisfied or not satisfied. Winning the CAN is something difficult as there are teams that are very strong. Let's see if we have enough quality to win the CAN. We will go with the conviction of the win.

Do you move early in Libreville?

No. We go as late as possible, that is to say three days before our first game.

With Taarabt, today, is the honeymoon?

It's like with other players. I do not differentiate between Chamakh and Bassir or between Souleyemani and El Kadouri. To me, they are all my children. Of course with Taarabt is a bit special because it's someone who is still a child and who will one day become adults. It does not become too adult because it's his mentality is his life. I think we must accept it to do a "bullshit" from time to time. In his heart, it's a good guy just still a little baby, but someone I love like all the others.

Players who have made the playoffs of the CAN are they more likely to be on the list of 24 items that will travel to Libreville or service is not a foregone conclusion?

Of course no place is a foregone conclusion, but on the other hand I can not forget their efforts to qualify. It would be unfair. If the new have the same quality as existing players, I would do those who have worked with me so far. If there are new players who will come, they must show they are stronger than those who are there for a year with me. This is logical.

Will the Atlas Lions will play other friendly matches outside the LG Cup tournament, knowing that there are no FIFA dates until February?

We held a meeting last night (note Monday, October 31). The place of preparation of the CAN usually be fixed now (note the first Tuesday in November) or at the latest tomorrow (Wednesday, November 2nd ed). Once there, there must be teams who are also preparing them and we will probably find a local team or a team that makes its course to play a friendly match against it.

It will be one or two friendly matches?

Probably a single match.

Do you have determined the location of the training camp of the national team?

I fixed it. Now it's Nezha to do its job as it has always done a professional manner.

Will it be in Spain?

Probably yes.

It appears that you have preselected Marouane Manuel Da Costa and Abdoulaye Konko for the LG Cup tournament, is this a way to prepare already some executives of the national team?

No that's not it. It is not yet sure that I shall call. Obviously, they are in my head. These are players that have some value, but if I invite them, I must be sure they will come.

Have you contacted them?

Today (Tuesday), I expect a call from one of these players. I tried to contact the other several times, unfortunately, when he phoned me I was unreachable. Then I have a problem with my phone because I lost all my numbers last week. I will certainly contact them before putting them on the list of pre-selected because they must now choose whether they want to play for Morocco and I can not guarantee them to hold as there is competition their position.

If they agree with the competition and especially if they choose to play for Morocco I will remember. They have to give me their answer.

It's still two players. One plays for Lazio of Rome and the other to Lokomtive Moscow?

Yes, but they are two players who anyway have not yet made their choice. One was selected by Portugal and the other from what I heard still hopes to play for France. I think at some point, they must make their choice. If this is so, they will have their chance as everyone else, knowing that I would not let down the players who made the journey of the CAN with me.

Are there other players that you select and the Moroccan public does not know?

Mustapha El Kebir ago but, unfortunately, is still injured. Chihi, I would have called, but is also severely affected. The two or three new players that I want to select are all injured. And that problem. Assaid is also injured, but it does not matter even if he does not play the tournament because I know him. It is a small cloud on whether the national team or club.

03-11-2011, 02:23

Since arriving at the head of the national team, you have become used to call local players, but apart from Nadir Lamyaghri who holds, Rachid Souleymane you did play against Algeria in Annaba and Said Fettah entered in the last minutes against Tanzania, you are still unsure to trust local players during official games?

This is not about to give confidence or not. It's a matter of intrinsic quality. Those who start the match, in my opinion and that's my philosophy, should be as ready to play the game.

It has nothing to do with local or professionals. I have always said that I do not differentiate between local players and those playing in Europe. The ones I always start me hitherto agreed.

What is it like to see the supporters of the OM post signs at the Velodrome claiming your return to the club head?

I would have preferred that there is no sign. As everyone knows, I am very attached to the OM I know that people have not forgotten me, but it does not need to sign to find out. They are in my heart and I in them and it will not change. I do not know if it will change one day or not. That said, I intend to finish my contract with the national team if everything goes well. Now if a big accident to the CAN and that raises questions in relation to my operation, I think. Today, I did not want to think about something that probably will not happen.

OM there a chance to win the title?

For the title, it is already a small miracle that the above Paris Saint Germain this year is in great shape. They will probably be a period where they will be worse, but it's a team that is full of confidence and that the quality of each position.

LG Cup he will serve you to screen your game system or to test new players?

A bit of both. We play two games in three days. I will run the team and test some formulas. Otherwise, I will provide an opportunity for players who have not so far.

03-11-2011, 02:24
In the last two games played in Bangui against the Central and Marrakech against Tanzania, the national team has created countless actions, but it still can not kill the game when it has the possibility. Does this worry you?

It does not care since they control the game and we created chances. Now it would be still better sometimes when we created five occasions to put three. At CAN, we will play against teams that have more quality than the CAR and Tanzania, there must be much more realistic.

Is what you do not ask Marouane Chamakh to be much more selfish in front of goal?

Marouane was his game I've known him a long time. I think if you ask him things he will not feel at ease.

The key is to make the player comfortable in leaving him do what he does well. Although he does not play much in his club, his performances in the national team are respectable. I think he needs someone to loan him to give him the ball. That's why our game suits him very well.

The fact that we have created several occasions that evidence is at the tactical level.

Does it do not try to find a true center-forward who will support Chamakh?

If you have a player who is going to score a goal on two occasions made me know. Barazite, for example, I saw him against the AZ Alkamar, he gave me a good impression. He is young. It is present in front of goal. One day he could become a major competitor for those who are there. I believe that with the quality we can already be happy.

Hadji was Hamdaoui and who can play as a striker even though they are not real 9.

It's just the problem we have with our players. They are all good elements, but no real striker. Mounir Hamdaoui has played his best season with AlKamar, but it has played in support of No. 9 Will.

This is not a player who will go into battle to go win duels.

http://marocfootball.info/mountakhab/7541.html

03-11-2011, 02:27
Lang maar wel de moeite waard

03-11-2011, 10:00

Leuk interview.
Thanx voor posten.