Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Meer bekend over het ontstaan van leven

Pagina's : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

07-06-2011, 10:33
Inleiding
"evolution of life" in de titel klopt eigenlijk niet, evolutie gaat over de "verandering van leven", niet over "het ontstaan van leven", dat noemen we "abiogenese".

Biochemist’s ‘First Life’ explains evolution of life on Earth
(bron: dailyindia.com)

Washington, June 5: Biochemist David Deamer has been researching on the evolution of life on Earth since the past 30 years and has presented the excerpts of the study in his new book 'First Life'.

He has not only just presented a personal history of his work in this field but also an engaging overview of research into life's beginnings under the discipline called astrobiology.

"Astrobiology is a narrative that encompasses our understanding of star formation, the formation of our solar system, the early Earth environment, and how chemical compounds behave in such a way that they are driven toward increasing complexity of structures and interactions," said Deamer, a research professor of biomolecular engineering in the Baskin School of Engineering at UC Santa Cruz.

In his research, Deamer has mainly focussed on the role of membranes in the origins of life.

He concluded that "the first life was not just replicating molecules, it was an encapsulated system of molecules: a cell."

His study showed that wet-dry cycles in a system including membrane-forming lipids can drive the replication of a DNA molecule without any need for the polymerase enzyme that performs this function in living cells today.

"Some people are still skeptical-I think the new results have to soak in for awhile, and the experiment needs to be repeated by others. I've had this idea for the past 20 years that lipids could have an organizing effect that helps polymerization occur and then encapsulate the resulting polymers to produce simple cellular structures," Deamer added.

In addition to laboratory experiments, Deamer has conducted field experiments at volcanic sites in Russia, Hawaii, and California. "I think we need to be bolder in testing our ideas," he said. "There has to be sufficient complexity in our experiments to match the complex conditions of the origin of life. That's one reason I started doing experiments in real-world environments."

The study has been published in the January issue of the journal Biochimie.

07-06-2011, 10:46

Nice.

Abiogenesis dus. Een kolfje naar de hand van menig creationist.

07-06-2011, 10:49

Citaat door aplat:
Nice.

Abiogenesis dus. Een kolfje naar de hand van menig creationist.

Yep, interesting stuff.

Hier nog een filmpje over materiaal van Dr. Jack Szostak

07-06-2011, 10:52

Citaat:
His study showed that wet-dry cycles in a system including membrane-forming lipids can drive the replication of a DNA molecule without any need for the polymerase enzyme that performs this function in living cells today.
Bijzonder interessant!

Een van de grootste biologische mysteries zal binnenkort ontrafeld worden, of wellicht is dat inmiddels gebeurd.

Creationisten moeten snel weer wat nieuws verzinnen.

07-06-2011, 10:58

Citaat door Hominid:
Creationisten moeten snel weer wat nieuws verzinnen.

Jama, jama... "waarom?"

07-06-2011, 11:15

Citaat door Seal97:
Jama, jama... "waarom?"

Ja.. goeie.

Waarom? Ik weet het niet.

Gat in de markt misschien? De grootse huichelachtige creationisten verdienen er wel een aardig zakcentje mee..

07-06-2011, 12:02

Citaat door Hominid:
Ja.. goeie.

Waarom? Ik weet het niet.

Gat in de markt misschien? De grootse huichelachtige creationisten verdienen er wel een aardig zakcentje mee..

Haha, nee, ik bedoel meer "waarom is er leven" als argument voor de creationisten he.

07-06-2011, 12:18

Citaat door Seal97:
Haha, nee, ik bedoel meer "waarom is er leven" als argument voor de creationisten he.

Tja.. waarom hebben sommige mensen een ant farm.

07-06-2011, 12:21

Citaat door Hominid:

42!

07-06-2011, 12:24

Citaat door Hominid:

heb jij er een?

07-06-2011, 12:29

Citaat door Roodhaar:
heb jij er een?

Waar zie je me voor aan?

07-06-2011, 12:30

Citaat door Hominid:
Waar zie je me voor aan?

Wil je een eerlijk of een beleefd antwoord?

07-06-2011, 12:32

Citaat door Seal97:
Wil je een eerlijk of een beleefd antwoord?

Een combinatie van beide zou leuk zijn.

07-06-2011, 12:34

Citaat door Hominid:
Waar zie je me voor aan?

07-06-2011, 12:52

Citaat door Hominid:
Een combinatie van beide zou leuk zijn.

Ik zeg wel even niets, het zou zo maar weer eens verkeerd begrepen kunnen worden.

Und, ga je dat boek bestellen?

Pagina's : [1] 2 3 4 5 6