Bekijk volle/desktop versie : sad story.. Case of a Moroccan detainee

26-05-2011, 10:42
In the Name of Allah most merciful and beneficent

Praise be to Allah and I send prayers upon his messenger and on his family and companions

To Proceed:

This is my case I narrate it to you as we are living in a new phase in the state of truth and justice.

I was kidnapped from my home on the 12/06/2003 at 2.30am after a group of people broke into my home. Some of them knocked on my door very loudly others broke the roof door with no prior permission from me. They pointed a gun to my face and in the commotion in the house and the screams of the children and the frightening of my family they handcuffed me and led me out the house. I asked why this was happening there was no reply except that they would tell me we will know later.

They began to search my home in their savage manner. They took everything they could and to let you know in my library I only had books which are widely available in the libraries across the kingdom. They confiscated my PC and some audio tapes. I learned later on that they took the money my wife had which was approximately 15 million centime (150,000 Dirhams = £15000) and also 2 watches, sport trainers, medium sized radio, school certificates and other documents as well as 1750 Dirhams. Most importantly they wrecked the house in their uncivilized manner. Whenever I tried to tell them to take it easy with the books which I strived very hard to acquire I only hear from them in response abusive language. My wife had shown all the documents to prove the money that was taken from the house and off her where of her own possession. She has inherited this wealth from her father. She was told to inquire about the money to the police and for a whole day of waiting and investigation she only managed to receive hurls of abusive language and they threatened her with rape. I said to myself probably they told her that some of the money would be returned but nothing of that happened.

All the members of my family were called to the very same station my wife went to and they were investigated and had their photos taken and to Allah we complain!!!

I was taken to an unknown place I was blindfolded and my hands cuffed behind my back. Interrogation began and lasted for a whole day. I tasted not the taste of sleep and food rather I tasted torture and beatings with a metal instrument. I was hanged from my legs until I fell unconscious. The next day I was transferred to a different place later I would learn that this place was called Temera (تمارة) and what do you know about Temera! I was welcomed with abuse and repulsive speech. In this place I was subjected to various types of physical and physiological torture. They shaved my beard and never allowed me t sleep. I was beaten so much that it caused me a complex physiological problem. Examples of the torture were electrocution and water boarding with filthy water. I was tied up to a chair from my feet and hands until my blood began coming out of my head and from my face. I was threatened with rape and one of them would tell me if you don’t confess we will do such and such to you. This man was hard hearted and of a very strong build he would then lift me in the air then smash me on the floor. This caused my ribs to break and I fell unconscious. I was then taken as a slaughtered animal into this room that had a foul stench. One of them would come and check up on me from time to time.

When I first saw the Abu Ghuraib Images I was not shocked because I have seen with my own eyes what these people did to me and other detainees. I remained in this state (in prison) for 18 days. I was interrogated everyday from morning till midnight. On the 19th day as usual I was taken into interrogation, they tied me up to a chair at this time I was blindfolded then they began hurling endless abuse at me and asking me to sign some papers. Under the intense abuse and beating I signed and I was not allowed to know what is written on this paper. I was then transferred in an inhumane manner to the Court of Appeal in Rabat where again I was welcomed with abuse and beatings as all the other detainees whom I met there. I was left in a place similar to a toilet until midnight whereby it was my turn to see the so called judge. The judge did not know me he handed me some blank papers and asked me to sign them. At that time I was handcuffed then our meeting ended and the judge had played his role in this mockery that the Moroccan history knows nothing similar to. I was then taken like a sheep as well as other brothers which were with me to a different prison. We learned that this prison is Al-Zaaki Prison in Salè. We were welcomed in the same manner as we do all the time with abuse and beatings. I was stripped naked then I was beaten on my back so much and one of the guards told me “cough!” as if I had a time bomb within me. We used to know when new brothers would enter the prison as we would hear one of the guards saying “cough!” as he beat and abused the detainee, and to Allah we complain out situation!!

They entered me into solitary confinement and I was naked until they provided me with what I can conceal my modesty with and this was a filthy trouser and a blanket. As for the food, animals would not go near eat so what about humans. I remained in this state for 41 days. During this time speech was prohibited with other brothers (detainees), reciting the Quran loudly even in prayer was prohibited and the toilet and breaks where also prohibited. Visits where prohibited even entering the toilet is not allowed unless the guard gives you permission to do so. When you enter the toilet you must put your hands outside of the toilet and the guard will be waiting.

They disallowed us from having the Quran, and from my knowledge this did not even occur in Guantanamo. I remained in this prison for a few months that does not require commenting about instead it requires an inquiry into it. An inquiry into the human rights abuses that were carried out in this place so that we don’t fool people and deceive them when we tell them we live in the country of truth and justice! Also so that we can progress in the issues of human rights and by Allah I used to ask them to give me just the rights of Animals however those people have no connection to anything about humanity. This came to mind especially when I heard that a Moroccan was imprisoned for two years for torturing his dog. After a marathon court case I was sentenced to ten years imprisonment wrongly and oppression to no sin that I committed.

After this long suffering I thought that this farce was over then I was shocked when they visited me in my prison. They asked me about some individuals, when I denied that I know them they rewarded me by abuse and by beating me. The guards that did this are a group of “?”. They beat me so much especially the head of the prison wing called “Mustapha” and his deputy “Ahmed” and another man named “Qaasim”. The later one “Qaasim” his role was to remove all my clothing on the very cold days.

The following day I was transferred to an unknown place called the hell of Temera (تمارة). I was received in the same way as the first time I was taken to Temera (تمارة).

I remained there for 21 days of torture this is in addition to the torture I received in the same place last time I was brought to Temera (تمارة). They poured cold water over my back and head. The beat me on my joints blindly and violently, now I cannot bear to stand on my right leg. They threatened to bring my wife and my father who was so devastated when I was taken from Salè prison that he passed away due to it and to Allah we complain about the oppression of the oppressors.

After 21 days in the hell of Temera (تمارة), I was told to sign a fabricated charge (in addition I had already been given 10 years unjustly). I gathered all my strength and I refused to sign this charge as it was fabricated against me and it included testimonies against innocent people I don’t even know of. I held on to my decision and told them kill me if you wish then I lost control of myself. I began to scream out “kill me!” if they did so it would have been easier upon me from what they did to me. However in front of Allah all the disputes will be cleared “and they who act unjustly shall know to what final place of turning they shall turn back to” (26:227 Holy Quran).

I was then taken back to Salè prison. On the very same day of my return I was summoned by the judge. However strangely none of the officials met me and then I was returned to Salè prison as if nothing had happened. I later knew that the Attorney General did not follow my case up and to Allah is all the praise. I also learned that “Zulaikha Nasri” the king’s advisor had visited the prison during the time I was kidnapped (taken to Temera). Some of the brothers told her what had happened to me and she recorded my name however…. until know she had not taken any steps to charge those who caused me all this suffering that is in contrary to the values of mankind.

This is some of what I can recall now, therefore I ask Allah to strengthen my faith and to grant me steadfastness in this painful ordeal of mine and I praise him most exalted he is in every situation.

I still wonder why I am here and what is my crime?????

Written by the one who is needy of his lords forgiveness the one who is kidnapped and sentenced unjustly

Sulayman Kharraaz

Number: 26614

Central Prison in Kenitra

26-05-2011, 16:26

Bloedstollend. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioen.

Ik lees later verder inshaAllah.

26-05-2011, 19:19

dit is hem ^, zo zielig

moge Allah hem bevrijden