ik ben zelf 36jaar

16-02-2011, 20:37

Citaat door rehana:
slm dames ik heb 5kids
en wil me nu laten steriliseren
maar alleen als het is toegestaan in de islam
ik ben zelf 36jaar

als er geen geldige reden voor is dan is dit haram in de islam zuster ,

en eerlijk gezegd heb ik zoiets nooit gehoord van de grote geleerden.

en weet dat allah goed op de hoogte is van je situatie

en weet dat hij subhanaho wa ta3aala de al-wijze is en weet wat jou schaad of baat .

dit is overigens een handeling van de ongelovigen en niet van de moslima.

en allah weet het beste

16-02-2011, 20:51
het is dat wij 5kinderen wel goed vinden zo
ik heb 4zoons en als laatste een dochter
we zijn echt trots op ons kinderen
en hartstike blij
wat zijn de redenen waar het wel is toegestaan

16-02-2011, 21:17
Allahou Alham,

Maar ik wil je even verwijzen naar een lezing van Abo Chayma, die hierover een vraag krijgt.

Bij 1:53:00 krijgt hij die vraag.

http://dimadima.nl/play-15407.html

17-02-2011, 00:11

Citaat door rehana:
slm dames ik heb 5kids
en wil me nu laten steriliseren
maar alleen als het is toegestaan in de islam
ik ben zelf 36jaar

Assalamu alaikum,

Hierbij ter info de onderstaande uitleg in antwoord op jouw vraag. Ik hoop je hiermee voldoende duidelijkheid gegeven te hebben.

Wa alikum assalam

She had an operation to prevent pregnancy permanently, then she and her husband regretted it.

My wife had a difficult bregnancy with our first born followed by a miscarriage as a result we decided to tie her tubes after our second child was born. Now we both feel like we did something wrong against God's commandments. What can we do about our remorse?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly you made a great mistake by doing that. Perhaps you are aware that Islam encourages us to have children and that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged men to marry women who are loving and fertile, and that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will be proud of our great numbers before the other nations on the Day of Resurrection. See question no. 11885.

Whatever the case, you have to consult experts in the field to find out whether it is possible for you to reverse the operation and put things back to the way they were. If that is not possible, then you have to repent and seek forgiveness, and do not despair of the mercy of Allaah.

You should note that the son of Adam commits sin, and the best of those who commit sin are those who repent.

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every son of Adam commits sin, and the best of those who commit sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; Ibn Maajah, 4251; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4515.

Indeed, Allaah rejoices over the repentance of His slave and He is the One Who enables him to do that, although He has no need of His creation.

It was narrated that al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Indeed, Allaah rejoices over the repentance of His slave more than a man who loads his provision of food and drink on a camel, then he travels until he is in a wilderness, then the time for the siesta comes, so he dismounts and takes a nap under a tree, but he falls into a deep sleep and his camel gets away, then he wakes up and he climbs one hill but he sees nothing, then he climbs another hill but he sees nothing, then he climbs a third hill but he sees nothing. Then he goes back to the place where he took his nap and whilst he is sitting there, his camel comes walking towards him until it puts its reins in his hand. But indeed Allaah rejoices more greatly than this man when he finds his camel.” Narrated by Muslim, 2745.

And you should always be keen to recite “Sayyid al-Istighfaar” (the best of prayers for forgiveness), which was narrated by Shaddaad ibn Aws (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

“The best of prayers for forgiveness is: Allaahumma anta rabbiy laa ilaaha illa anta, khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduka wa ana ‘ala ‘ahdika wa wa’dika ma astata’tu. A’oodhu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo’u laka bi ni’matika ‘alayya wa aboo’u laka bi dhanbi, faghfir li fa innahu laa yaghfir al-dhunooba illa anta (O Allaah, You are my Lord, there is no god but You. You have created me and I am Your slave and I am keeping my promise and covenant to You as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from the evil of what I do. I acknowledge Your blessing and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for there is none who can forgive sin except You).” He said: “Whoever says this during the day, believing in it firmly, and dies on that day before evening comes, he will be one of the people of Paradise, and whoever says it at night, believing firmly in it, and dies before morning comes, he will be one of the people of Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5947.

You should choose the best of times to pray for forgiveness, which is the last third of the night. Allaah says, praising His believing slaves (interpretation of the meaning):

“and those who pray and beg Allaah’s Pardon in the last hours of the night”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:17]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (S) said: “Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven each night during the last third of the night, and He says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer him, who will ask of Me, that I may give him, who will ask My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1094; Muslim, 758.

Since the husband is keen to have more children, he may also take a second wife, from whom Allaah may bless him with good and righteous offspring.

And Allaah knows best

17-02-2011, 00:14
She had an operation to have her tubes tied before she became Muslim; does she have to have them untied now?

I have been Muslim for 2 years and before becoming Muslim I had my tubes tied 3 years ago. I am now married and my husband and I would like to know if we should have my tubes untied to allow procreation? We are prepared to do so if we have sound evidence.

Praise be to Allaah.

Islam encourages us to reproduce and have many children. A man came to the Messenger of Allaah and said: I have found a woman of good lineage, but she cannot have children. Should I marry her? He told him not to do that. He came to him a second time and he told him not to do that. Then he came to him a third time, and he told him not to do that and said: “Marry the one who is fertile and loving, for I will be proud of your numbers.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (2050), al-Nasaa’i (3227); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

This is one of the aims of marriage, which is to produce a Muslim child who will be given a righteous upbringing and who will benefit his family and his nation. This is one of the blessings whose value cannot be known except by the one who is deprived of it. Allaah has made children an adornment of life, as He says (interpretation of the meaning:

“Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope”

[al-Kahf 18:46]

Secondly:

It is not permissible for a woman to prevent having children except in cases of real necessity, such as if pregnancy poses a danger to her life.

It says in a report of the Islamic Fiqh Council, issued during its fifth conference in 1409 AH/1988 CE:

Firstly: it is not permissible to promulgate a law which limits a couple’s freedom to have children.

Secondly: It is haraam to remove the ability to produce children for both the man and the woman, which is known as sterilization, except in cases of necessity as defined by sharee’ah.

Thirdly: it is permissible to stop reproduction temporarily so as to space out pregnancies, or stop them for a specific length of time, if there is a legitimate shar’i need to do so, if that is decided by both spouses with mutual consultation and agreement, so long as that will not result in any harm and so long as the means used are permissible according to Islam, and there is no transgression against an existing pregnancy. And Allaah knows best.

End quote from Majallat al-Majma’ (5/1/748).

Based on that, it is not permissible to have one’s tubes tied in order to prevent pregnancy permanently, except in cases of necessity. Now you have to have them untied if that will not result in harm.

See also question no. 20168.

And Allaah knows best.

17-02-2011, 00:16
‘Azl (coitus interruptus) and using birth control pills :

according to Jabir radiyaahu canhu said: "we use to do cazli while Quran is revealing and Prophet did not prohibit? my question is as follows
1- Is it allowed to use a condom/pill?
2- if so what is the conditions?
3- what type of niyyah do we need to have at performing either or both"Condom/Pills/cazli?
4- Why the Companion doing this?

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, what the Muslims should do is to try to have as many children as they can, because this is the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers before the nations.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2050; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1805).

Having more children increases the numbers of the ummah, and increasing the numbers of the ummah is a source of its glory, as Allaah says, reminding the Children of Israel of His blessings:

“and made you more numerous in man-power”

[al-Isra’ 15:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

And Shu’ayb said to his people:

“And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you”

[al-A’raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one can deny that having a large number is a source of pride and strength for the ummah, contrary to what those pessimists think who say that large numbers causes poverty and starvation in a nation.

If the ummah increases in number, puts its trust in Allaah and believes His promises as mentioned in the aayah,

“And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah”

[Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them independence of means from His bounty. Based on that, the answer to your question is as follows:

Birth control pills:

A woman should not use birth control pills, unless the following conditions are met:

1- She should need to use them, for example if she is ill and cannot cope with a pregnancy every year, or she is physically unfit, or there is some other reason that getting pregnant every year may harm her.

2- Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. There must also be consultation with the doctor, to find out whether these pills are harmful or not.

If these two conditions are met, there is nothing wrong with taking these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, because that means preventing having children.

With regard to ‘azl (coitus interruptus), or withdrawing during intercourse, the correct scholarly view is that there is nothing wrong with it, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him): “We used to practise ‘azl at the time when the Qur’aan was being revealed” – i.e., at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If that action had been haraam, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have forbidden it. But the scholars say that one should not engage in ‘azl with a free woman except with her permission, because she has the right to have children. Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation. So not asking her permission causes her to lose out on pleasure and on the possibility of having children. Hence we state the condition that this may only be done with her permission.

From Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen.

From Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 3, p. 190.

Thirdly: the reason why the Sahaabah engaged in ‘azl was because they did not want the woman – especially a slave woman – to get pregnant, so that they could continue to enjoy a physical relationship with them and the woman would still be able to do their work. Abu Dawood narrated that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have a slave woman and I engage in ‘azl with her, because I do not want her to get pregnant, but I want what men want. But the Jews say that ‘azl is a lesser form of infanticide.” He said, “The Jews are lying. If Allaah wants to create (a child) you cannot prevent that.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, Kitaab al-Nikaah, 1856; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1903).

17-02-2011, 00:18
Ruling on tying the tubes unnecessarily :

I am a 36 year old woman with 6 kids and i am now with my 7th child and would like to know if it is permissible in Islam to tie my tubes when this baby is born? i don't want to cut and burn them i want to place a band around the tubes to avoid the egg from dropping all the way down. i know i cannot stop the will of Allah i just want to try to loose weight i weigh more that 250 lbs. everytime i try to loose weight i end up pregnant.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to prevent pregnancy except in cases of necessity where competent doctors have stated that giving birth will cause the mother to become exhausted or ill, or will make her sickness worse, or there is the fear that pregnancy or childbirth will most likely cause the mother to die. In that case it is essential to have the husband’s agreement and consent to prevent or end pregnancy. When this reason is no longer a factor, then the woman should go back to not using contraception.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/977

Because losing weight does not reach the degree of necessity mentioned above, it does not come under the same ruling, especially since this operation to tie the tubes requires the female doctor to uncover and touch the ‘awrah. It is even worse if the doctor is male, so this is another reason not to allow it.

But you have to follow the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with regard to food. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few morsels to keep him alive. But if he must (fill it), then one-third for his food, one-third for his drink and one-third for air.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Zuhd, 2303; classed as saheeh in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 1939)

You should also follow the permissible means (of preventing pregnancy), such as withdrawal during intercourse (‘azl). The correct scholarly view is that there is nothing wrong with ‘azl even if there is no reason for it, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir: “We used to practise ‘azl at the time when the Qur’aan was being revealed.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Nikaah, 4808).

And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/658

Perhaps what Allaah has decreed for you of children will be better for you than you think, and they will be a blessing that is stored up for you, especially in old age.

17-02-2011, 00:21
Her husband does not want more children but she does.

Allah has blessed us with 2 beautiful and healthy My husband is of the opinion that in this day and age it's enough. He does not want more kids. I If I talk to him, and tell him, that I would like to have another baby he sometimes get's angry or tells me he will get a vasectomy. I do not want him to do haraam, but I long to have another child, inshaAllah. Can I refuse to have intercourse with him, when he is using protection or am I not allowed to. If he is not changing his mind, am I allowed to ask him for divorce? Or is it better to stay with him for the sake of the children and put my desires last?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Having a lot of children is something that is encouraged in Islam and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) urged Muslims to do that. Abu Dawood (2050) narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yazaar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I have found a woman who is from a good family and is beautiful, but she does not bear children; should I marry her?” He told him not to. Then he came to him a second time and said something similar and he told him not to marry her. Then he came to him a third time and said something similar and he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 1784.

Hence the couple should be keen to have a lot of children and be happy about that and show gratitude for the blessing that Allah has bestowed upon them.

Secondly:

It is permissible to delay having children for a certain amount of time if that serves an interest, such as if the woman is weak or sick. But it is not permissible to do that for fear of poverty or for fear of raising the children, because that implies thinking negatively of Allah, may He be exalted.

It says in a statement of the Islamic Fiqh Council belonging to the Muslim World League: The Islamic Fiqh Council affirms unanimously that it is not permissible to limit the number of children in general and it is not permissible to prevent pregnancy if the reason for doing that is fear of poverty, because Allah is the Provider and Owner of great power, and there is no living creature on earth but its provision is due from Allah, or if that is for other reasons that are not acceptable according to sharee’ah.

As for using means of preventing or delaying pregnancy in individual cases where there real and certain harm will result from it, such as if the pregnant woman will have to give birth in a manner other than that which is usual, and she will have to have surgery to bring the child forth, in which case there is nothing in sharee’ah to prevent her doing that. The same applies if it is delayed for other legitimate shar’i or health reasons confirmed by a trustworthy Muslim doctor. Contraception becomes a must in a case where it is proven that harm would result for the mother or there is the fear that she may die, according to the opinion of a trustworthy Muslim doctor. End quote from Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/200.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it permissible to use birth control so that a person has a child every five years, because he sees the corruption in society and would not be able to raise a lot of children close in age in this overwhelmingly corrupt society?

He replied: So long as this is the intention, then it is not permissible to do this, because it reflects a lack of trust in Allaah with regard to the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said “Marry the one who is loving and fertile…”

But if the birth control has to do with the condition of the woman – because she cannot cope with repeated pregnancies – this may be permissible, but it is better not to do it.

End quote. See the answer to question number 7205.

Thirdly:

It is permissible to use condoms and withdrawal, i.e., ejaculating outside the vagina, on condition that you ask your wife's permission to do that, because she has the right to pleasure and to have a child.

The evidence that withdrawal is permissible is the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah who said: We used to engage in ‘azl at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). News of that reached the Messenger of Allaah (and peace of Allah be upon him) and he did not forbid us to do it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5209) and Muslim (1440).

The husband does not have the right to do that without the consent of his wife, because of what has been stated above.

If he insists on his attitude even though you want a child, then he is doing wrong, but you should not respond to his action by refusing to share his bed, because two wrongs do not make a right. Al-Bukhaari (3237) and Muslim (1736) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘When a man calls his wife to his bed and she refuses, and he went to sleep angry with her, the angels will curse her until morning.’”

So do your duty and ask Allah for your rights. Be patient and seek reward with Allah, and continue to advise him and do not ask for divorce. Rather you should protect your home and your family, and pay attention to raising your children. Ask Allah for righteous offspring, for if it is decreed that a child should be born, that will not be prevented by withdrawal, condoms or anything else.

Ahmad narrated from Jaabir with regard to withdrawal that he said: I used to withdraw from her -- meaning the slave woman – and and have intercourse with, and she bore a child. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “If Allah decrees that a soul should be created, then it will come into existence.”

And al-Bukhaari (5210) and Muslim (1438) narrated that that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: We captured some female prisoners and we engaged in coitus interruptus, then we asked the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) about that and he said to us: “Do you do that? Do you do that? Do you do that? There is no soul that is to exist, until the Day of Resurrection, but it will come into being.”

May Allah help us all to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

And Allah knows best.