Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo: I Am Ready To Play Again

23-10-2009, 15:53
Doctors may claim that he is not fully fit, but the forward thinks he is. However, reports suggest that Manuel Pellegrini is not ready to risk 'CR9' just yet...

Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to defy Real Madrid's medical staff by returning to action early, declaring himself fit to play against Sporting Gijon this weekend.

The Portuguese star was expected to be out for at least another ten days, but he has insisted that he no longer feels any pain in his ankle.

After suffering a knock against Marseille in the Champions League, Ronaldo aggravated the problem while on international duty with Portugal last week and was told he would be sidelined for at least three weeks.

Several days of intense recuperation, the majority of which were spent in bathing pools at the club's Valdebebas training complex, appear to have done the former Manchester United player good.

"The ankle does not hurt me and I think that I am ready to play," he was quoted as saying by Marca.

According to the Spanish daily, he wanted to appear against Milan in midweek but was prevented from doing so by doctors. Coach Manuel Pellegrini is unlikely to risk him this weekend either.

Ronaldo was the subject of a curse from a Spanish witch doctor, who stated that the Portuguese will be injured more than he plays this term. Apparently a jilted lover paid for 'CR9' to be put under a spell.