Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Pictured: Irritated father lion clamps down on his over-excitable cub...

10-08-2009, 18:52
Irritated father lion clamps down on his over-excitable cub... with his mighty jaw

All fathers will have lost patience with their children and bitten their heads off, as the expression goes.

But this lion found the perfect way to clamp down on his over-excitable cub - using his mighty jaw.
He bared his razor-sharp teeth and took the whole of his cub's head in his mouth, although of course he did it with the utmost tenderness.

Big cat discipline: The father lion bites the cub's head after hours of tugging on his mane and chewing his fur

The lion's patience snapped after hours of tugging and having his fur chewed in San Diego Wile Animal Park.

The cub was clearly trying to entice his father to play instead of lazing sleepily on a car roof.

But far from being subdued by his father's discipline, the cub looked up at him adoringly before running off to play.

'You're testing me': The lion gives a warning growl but to no avail, as amateur photographer Karl Drilling captures the amazing moment at San Diego Wild Animal Park

Mr Drilling, 46, from California, said he couldn't believe his eyes.
'The lions were relaxing on the top of the car, which they absolutely love to do,' he said.

'The cub had been annoying his dad for ages, tugging and chewing on his mane.
'He just wanted a bit of attention. The cubs can all be pretty rough but they don't know any better.
'His siblings were looking at him as if to say "What are you doing?" but he carried on.

Right, that's it: Another cub tries to join in as the lion begins to wrap his jaw around the sibling

'The adult male has this incredible patience and is very gentle with them, but this time he sent out a warning shot,' Mr Drilling said.

'He turned round and bit him right on the head. I didn't notice how hard it was until I checked my photos afterwards.'

Mr Drilling said amazingly the cub was not hurt - 'he didn't even flinch'.

'He looked a little bit sorry for himself for a second and looked up at his dad sheepishly, but he got straight back into it.

'The dad was trying for a bit of discipline, but I don't think the cub learnt his lesson at all.

'It was very sweet and very funny. I'm just glad the cub survived to tell the tale.'

Bron

10-08-2009, 18:53

mooi.........