Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Holocaust denier David Irving tries to sell Hitler's hair and bones

07-03-2009, 13:07
Naz-eBay: Holocaust denier David Irving tries to sell Hitler's hair and bones on website

Controversial historian David Irving has set up a website selling Nazi memorabilia which he claims includes a piece of Hitler's bone and strands of his hair.

Dubbed 'Naz-eBay' by Holocaust groups, the site also offers a walking stick used by the German dictator and a christening present given by SS leader Heinrich Himmler to Luftwaffe commander Hermann Goering's daughter.

Irving, who was jailed in Austria for Holocaust denial, 'authenticates' the relics and displays them on his website run from his home in Windsor. He profits from the site by taking a 15 per cent commission fee on all items sold.
Last night, Dr Shimon Samuels, director of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre which searches for Nazi war criminals, called for a UK ban on the selling of Third Reich items.

It is illegal to trade in Nazi memorabilia in Germany, France, Austria and Poland.
In Germany, the maximum penalty for dealing in Nazi items is a three-year prison sentence.

Dr Samuels said: 'This Naz-eBay is extremely distasteful to the point of sick

'There's a market out there for Nazi memorabilia. If this is done to glorify Hitler, as I imagine it is, then it is unacceptable.'

Irving, 70, has turned to selling Nazi relics after he was forced into bankruptcy in 2002 following a failed libel action.

He says he is currently checking the bones of Hitler and his mistress Eva Braun for an American seller living in Pennsylvania, who claims they were bought by a relative from a KGB agent in the 1980s.

The fragments are labelled as being from Hitler's rib and Braun's spine. Strands of Hitler's hair, which were allegedly collected by his barber by using a piece of sticky tape attached to the bottom of his shoe, are expected to go on sale at up to $180,000 (£130,000).

Irving is selling the scorched wooden walking stick at £7,000 for a widow who lives in Ealing, west London.

Her late husband bought the stick, one of several used by the tyrant, from Hitler's country estate manager in 1993.

Mark Gardner of the anti-Semitism charity, Community Security Trust, said: 'These claims are very disturbing, and show how legislation has trouble coping with new global communications.

'Nazism is not dead, and decent lessons of World War Two are not forgotten with the passing of time.'

Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said: 'It is extremely disturbing that this trade exists, particularly when it is run from the UK.'

Irving said: 'I sell authentic items and when people come to my website and see the name David Irving, they know they are buying an authentic item. I have a living to make and this is how I make my money.

'There are some very wealthy people, mainly in the U.S., and I know how much they will pay for these items.'

Last week Irving offered sanctuary to Roman Catholic Bishop Richard Williamson, who caused worldwide outrage after saying that no Jews died in Nazi gas chambers.

Bron

07-03-2009, 13:43

jews died in gas chambers, but not millions