Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Denial Of The Necessity Of Darood And Salawaat

03-02-2009, 22:27
The Wahaabi/Salafiyy speaks out against the sending of Salawaat and Salaam on Rasulullah Sall Allahu alaihi wa sallim, saying that this is bid 'ah. but about this in Suratul Ahzaab ayah twenty-two, Allahu ta 'ala commands:

"Indeed Allah and His angels’ recite Salawaat (darood) on the Nabiyy. 0 you with imaan send Salawaat also and Salaams with worthy salutations on him."

Hadhrat Imam Zain ul Abideen Rahmatullah alaihi says:

"One of the features to be amongst Ahl as Sunnah ( Sunni ) Is to send ( ask ) blessings upon the Holy Last Nabiyy Sall Allahu alaihi wa Sallim abundantly."

In the Sharh-i- Mawaahib" Allaama Zirgani, Rahmatullah alaihi writes:

" The purpose of asking blessing is to obtain admittance to Allah by following His commandment and to repay some of the rights of the Holy Prophet Sall Allahu alaihi wa sallim which are due upon him.”

An objection has been pointed out by Allaama Razi Rahmatullah alaihi in this connection:

"Since Allah Himself sends the blessings and also the angels, then what remains the need for us to send blessings upon Prophet Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim? The reply is very simple: "We do not ask blessing upon Holy Prophet Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim because of his need, as only Allah's blessings are enough for him and even the blessings of angels are not needed. As a matter of fact our blessings on him are to bear testimony of his magnificence and reverence. It is similar to Allah's commandment in which He asks His servants to remember Him although He does not need it. "

Ahadith abound with reference to the virtue of sending Darood (salawaat) on Rasulullah Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim. We mention a few to further illuminate our paper:

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah Rathi Allahu ta ‘ala anh reported that he heard the Holy Prophet Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim saying:

"To ask blessing upon me is a light on the Bridge of Sirat; and the sins of eighty years will be forgiven of the person who asks eighty times blessing upon me on Friday." Allaama Sakhawi in "Qaul-i-Badi"

Hadhrat Ruwaifah ibn Thaabit Al xxxxxxi Rathi Allahu ta ala anh narrated that he heard the Holy Prophet Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim saying:

"My intercession becomes incumbent upon the person who says the following salawaat:

“Allahumma salli ‘ala Muhammadiw wa anzilhul maq’adal muqarraba indaka Yawmal Qiyaamah.”

(0 Allah shower thy blessings upon Muhammad Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim and select for him a nearest place (to thee) and the most exalted position on the Day of Judgment.)