Bekijk volle/desktop versie : The Seeing of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) by the Awliya

01-02-2009, 23:24
Firslty, we quote a Deobandi 'Aalim for his opinion on the matter.

Sheikh Anwar Shah Kashmiri Deobandi writes, "According to me, it is possible to see Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) in the awakened state. As it is reported from Imam Suyuti that he saw Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) twenty-two times and he asked Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) regarding some Ahadith. He amended those Ahadith after Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) rectified them". (Faizul Baari, Volume 1, Page 304, Cairo)

Concerning the transmitted proof for the possibility of seeing the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) while one is awake, it is established by the authentic Hadith narrated from him by Imam Ahmad (rahmat allahi 'alaih) in his Musnad and others with a chain of sound narrators as stated by al-Haithami (rahamat allahi 'alaih) in Majma' al-Zawa'id, that a certain man Salman al-Farisi (radi allahu 'anhu) had seen in al-Quds was actually Hadhrat 'Isa ('alaihis salaam). If 'Isa ('alaihis salaam) can be seen in full physicality after leaving this material world, then the more so can our Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) !

The following is quoted from Ibn Hajar al-Haitami's (rahmat allahi 'alaih) Fatawa Hadithiyya :

Question: “Is it possible to meet the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) while awake in our time?”
Answer: “Yes, it is possible. It has been asserted as part of the miracles of Saints (Karaamat al-Awliya') by Ghazaali, al-Barizi, al-Taj al-Subki, and al-Yafi'i (may Allah be pleased with all of them) among the Shafi'is, and by al-Qurtubi and Ibn Abi Jamra (may Allah be pleased with them) among the Malikis. It has been narrated that one of the Awliya' was sitting in the assembly of a Jurist (faqih) while the latter related a Hadith, whereupon the Wali said: "This Hadith is false." The Jurist said: "How do you know that?" The Wali replied: "There is the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) standing right next to you, and he is saying: 'I never said this.'" When he (the Wali) said this, the sight of the Faqih was unveiled and he could see the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)!”
A Hadith Shareef declares, "The one who sees me in his dream sees me as he would see me when he is awake." This is why Imam Nawawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) said, "Seeing him in a dream is really seeing him." As a matter of fact, it was declared, "Anyone who has seen me in his dream has seen me truly, for the devil cannot appear in my form," in a Hadith Sharif reported in the book Kunuz ad-daqa'iq by al-Imam al-Manawi on the authority of al-Bukhari and Muslim. We would not see Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) "truly" if we saw his likeness in a dream.

It is written in the book Mizan-ul-kubra that Abul-Hassan Ali Shadhili (rahmat allahi 'alaih) said, "Every moment the blessed face of our Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) is present before my eyes."