Bekijk volle/desktop versie : imam-ahmad raza khan bareilly deel 1

19-01-2009, 17:40
A‘lahazrat as a Student

A‘lahazrat learnt Islamic studies by leaps and bounds. When he was four, he completed the Nazra (oral recitation) of the Holy Qur’an. At five, he delivered his first speech, at twelve, he wrote his first book in Arabic, a commentary of "Hidayat-un-Nahav". At the age of thirteen, on 19th November 1869, Dastàr (accomplishment of Islamic studies) was conferred on him. On this very day, he wrote a Fatwa on the issue of foster-brotherhood and presented it to his respected father, Hazrat Naqi Ali Khan, who found it absolutely correct. Looking to the talent of his son, Hazrat Naqi Ali Khan authorized him to work as a Mufti (one who issues Islamic verdicts) since then. Thus, at 13, A‘lahazrat became full-fledged Mufti. Much to our surprise, A‘lahazrat achieved so much within such a short period. Yet, what is most surprising is that he became a Mufti while he was teenager. It is a fact that savants of vast experience and high calibre only are authorized to work as a Mufti.

A‘lahazrat learnt a few books of Urdu and Persian from Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Qadir Beg. He also learnt a little from Hazrat Mawlana Abdul Ali of Rampur (d. 1885). A‘lahazrat learnt 21 subjects from his respected father, Hazrat Naqi Ali Khan (d. 1880). Besides, he was also taught by his Shaykh, His holiness Shah Al-i-Rasùl of Marehrah Sharif (d. 1879) and H.H. Shah Abul Hasan Nùri of Marehrah Sharif (d. 1906).

Thus, this talented student who later on proved himself at home in so many subjects, learnt most of the subjects at home.
A‘lahazrat as a Teacher

Just like how a tree is known by the fruits it produces, a teacher is known by the students he has taught and inspired to go forward, develop and spread the teachings he has received from his master. A‘lahazrat taught a number of persons. Yet it cannot be said with certainty as to how many persons in all were taught by A‘lahazrat. The reason is that at that time, no pomp and show was in vogue. Service to religion was the only motto. The number of students was not remembered, students were remembered.

Some of his prominent pupils are Mawlana Hasan Riza Khan, Mawlana Mohammad Riza Khan, Mawlana Hamid Riza Khan, Mawlana Sayyid Mohammad Jilani Muhaddith-i-‘Azam of India of Pilibhit, Mawlana Sayyid Nùr of Chittagong, (Bangla Desh) and Mawlana Hashmat Ali Khan of Pilibhit. Some of his prominent caliphs are Mawlana Abd al-Hayy of Africa, Shaykh Swaleh Kamal, Sayyid Ismail Makki of Saudi Arabia, Mawlana Ziauddin Ahmad, Hujjatul Islam Mawlana Hamid Riza Khan, Mufti-i-‘Azam Mawlana Mustafa Riza Khan, Mawlana Amjad Ali (Writer of Bahar-i-Shari‘at), Mawlana Naimuddin Moradabadi, Mawlana Didar Ali of Lahore, Mawlana Abdul Alim Siddiqui (father of Shah Ahmad Noorani of Pakistan), Idul Islam Mawlana Abdul Salaam of Jabalpur, Mawlana Burhanul Haq of Jabalpur, Mawlana Lal Mohammad of Madras etc.

Great from great, each and every pupil of A‘lahazrat emerged to be a great savant. Now the position is that every Sunni savant all over the world, how great he may be, wishes to be called a servant of A‘lahazrat. He takes it as a great honor. Such is the honor of the noble A‘lahazrat.

A‘lahazrat as a Mufti

A mufti is one who issues Fatwas or Islamic verdicts. He is supposed to be a doctor of Islamic jurisprudence. Of course, he is a savant of savants, who works with greater sagacity, understanding and responsibility. A‘lahazrat was a mufti of international repute. Questions for fatwa from every corner of the world were received by A‘lahazrat, who replied them explicitly with ample references and quotations from Holy Qur’an, Hadith and other authentic books of religion and science. Most complicated and insoluble questions were sent to A‘lahazrat and he solved them in no time. In this field, A‘lahazrat has written a number of books and booklets on a number of issues. But his masterpiece is "Fatawà-i-Rizawiyya" which runs in 12 volumes and each volume is spread over 1000 pages. It can thus be called is a book of books. It is a dictionary of Fatwas and an encyclopedia of Muslim jurisprudence.

Dr Hasan Riza Khan presented his thesis on "The place of A‘lahazrat in Islamic jurisprudence", which was accepted by Patna University, India and a degree of doctorate was conferred on Dr. Hasan Riza Khan. Conceding the intellect of A‘lahazrat in Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), Justice D. F. Mulla, a Parsi Judge of Bombay High Court observed that in India and Pakistan, two great books were written on Fiqh — one "Fatawà-i-Alamgiri" and the other "Fatawà-i-Rizawiyya". An uncommon feature of Fatawà-i-Rizawiyya is that it is hailed by among friends and foes alike.

Many erudite present day schoalrs of Islam have agrred that it is difficult to become a mufti. But it is easier for a mufti to remove his difficulties through Fatawà-i-Rizawiyya.