Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Who Will Answer Afia

17-11-2008, 09:53
WHO WILL ANSWER AFIA

Last night I picked up a copy of a newspaper and saw the face of Afia Siddiqui. She is another open wound in the body of the Ummah. I feel ashamed I can’t help her or take revenge against those who made her suffer and continue to do so.

Where are the Muslim leaders? Do they have any faith in their hearts or honour? Afia is woman and a mother abducted and tortured only because she is a Muslim. Only Allah knows what inhumane barbaric treatment she has endured at the hands of the American savages and their obedient dogs (those who sold themselves and Muslims to the crusaders).

Where are the leaders? Who will defend the honour of the Ummah?

Al-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf is well recorded in History. He had honour as a man and as a Muslim ruler. When a Muslim woman was taken captive in India she cried out ‘Oh Hajjaj’. When this reached him he responded ‘Labbaik, (I am here at your call)’. It is reported that he spent a huge amount of wealth to save her.

Al-‘Adid Lideenillah was the Fatimi ruler over Egypt at the time the crusaders were close to taking over. He wanted to ask for help from the ruler of Ash-Sham, Nuruddeen Zenky. However, Nurudeen was under the Abbasi Khilafa in Baghdad and did not recognise the Fatimi Khalifah. There were bitter disputes between the Abbasis and Fatimis.

Al-‘Adid found the solution through the woman and the sense of honour they had for her. He sent a letter to Nuruddeen Zenky asking for military support. With the letter he sent some hair from the women in his household. This message had an immense impact on Nuruddeen and the people of Ash-Sham. They were moved by their sense of honour and chivalry. As a result, they sent out their beloved sons, to save Egypt from the crusaders. This noble army was under the command of Asaduddeen and Salahuddin al-Ayyubi.

The famous story of Al-Mu’tasim Billah is another glorious example of a Muslim ruler defending the honour of a woman. The story was about a Muslim woman who was captured by the Romans and held in a place named ‘Amuriyyah. She happened to be a descendent of the Prophet. Just like the Americans today, they were not just content with keeping her as a prisoner she was also tortured by them. She knew that the only one who could help her after Allah was the Muslim leader. So, she called out the name of the Khalifah, ‘Oh Mu’tasim’. Mu’tasim had no connection with her other than that of Islam. When this cry reached him he responded with all his might ‘Labbaik (I am here at your call)’.
He prepared and set off for battle and with him were large armies of Muslims all aroused by their sense of honour for the woman. They inflicted severe defeat on the enemy, overrunning their fortresses until they penetrated deep into enemy territory. Finally, they came to ‘Amuriyyah. After destroying the fort they came to the woman and freed her from her chains. Al-Mu’tasim said to her ‘be a witness with your grandfather Al-Mustafa (The Prophet sallallah alaihi wa sallam) that I came to rescue you’.

No one is expecting the Muslim rulers to go to war against America. The very least they can do is speak out for a weak and abused woman. But we won’t be holding our breath as the poet said:

Perhaps ‘Oh Mu’tasim’ is cried out …

It falls on their (rulers) ears but
it does not fall on the valour of Al-Mu’tasim

The wolf cannot be blamed for its aggression
when the shepherd is the enemy of the herd

If her calls fall on deaf they are not unheard. Allah hears her calls and He will soon answer them.

‘Beware of the supplication of the oppressed. It is carried by the clouds. Allah says ‘by my might and power I will certainly help you…’

let us remember the pain and suffering of Afia and all other sisters, and the pain and suffering of many more Muslims around the world. Let us be sincere in our Dua. Perhaps Allah will accept one of them.

Who knows who that may be?

[SIZE=5]وَإِذَ&#157 5; سَأَلَك& #1614; عِبَادِ& #1610; عَنِّي فَإِنِّ& #1610; قَرِيب&#161 2; أُجِيب&#161 5; دَعْوَة& #1614; الدَّاع& #1616; إِذَا دَعَان&#161 6; فَلْيَس& #1618;تَجِيب&# 1615;وا لِي وَلْيُؤ& #1618;مِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّ& #1607;ُمْ يَرْشُد& #1615;ونَ

‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.‘ (Al-Baqarah 2:186)