Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Duisters gaat Rusdhie's Satans Verzen voorlezen in Duitse Moskee!!

16-07-2007, 22:56

Citaat door AliAnali:
German aims to read Rushdie Satanic Verses in mosque

Testing the limits. From DPA (thanks to Andrew Bostom):

Cologne, Germany - A maverick German book author said Wednesday he wants to read aloud inside a mosque from The Satanic Verses, the 1988 novel by Salman Rushdie which some Muslims consider blasphemous. Guenter Wallraff, 64, said he proposed to do the reading at a landmark mosque which is to be built in Cologne by the western city's Turkish community.

He said the Ankara-funded Ditib religious foundation had not been insulted and was discussing his proposal.

Asked for comment, Bekir Alboga, the secretary for dialogue at Ditib, said Wallraff's request had not been rejected outright, but it was up to Ditib's board, not himself, to respond.

Plans to build the mosque have been opposed in recent months by some Cologne residents and an atheist novelist of Jewish heritage, Ralph Giordano, 85, who said Muslims should learn secular values and integrate into Germany.

"I'm not a passionate supporter of the new mosque," said Wallraff. "But we have freedom of religion here. What I respect are the efforts of German Muslims to integrate into society."

Wallraff, a gadfly writer who often attacks the German establishment, said he would demand police protection if need be so that he could read the Rushdie book aloud.

"I'm not a scared person," he told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa. He first made his proposal in a radio interview.

bron:http://jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/

16-07-2007, 23:21

Citaat door krabbel33:
Goed initiatief van Günther. Dan kunnen de Turkse islamieten aldaar meteen vernemen hoe een rechtstaat werkt.

Misschien kan hij dan enige literaire uitleg geven. Ik heb het boek gelezen en begreep er misschien de helft van. Het was echt supersaai. Ik begreep al helemaal niet waar al de heisa om was. Als het boek roze schaapjes op een blauwe wolk was genoemd had er geen haan naar gekraaid!