Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Cover up, the fundos are coming!

23-02-2007, 08:58
Cover up, the fundos are coming!

LAHORE: Preachers are now making the rounds of bus stops in Lahore, forcing women to cover up properly, in line with the teachings of Islam, Daily Times learnt on Thursday. A number of students and teachers from the Punjab University claimed to have been harassed by bearded individuals, saying that they (the men) insisted that the women cover their heads with their dupattas, or else to wear something more ‘Islamic’. PU student Ayesha said that she was stopped at a bus stop near Liberty Market by a bearded man, who asked her to cover her head. “I shrugged it off the first time. But when I found out that the same had happened to another student, this time at a bus stop on The Mall, I got worried,” she said. Another student, who shared a similar experience, said that these people looked like members of a fundamentalist organisation. Both students said that they had discussed the issue with others as well as their teachers, and found that several had similar stories to tell. The recent murder of Punjab minister Zil-e-Huma Usman, allegedly for wearing an ‘un-Islamic’ dress, has added to the concerns of these students.

Bron: [URL="http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\02\23\story_23-2-2007_pg13_5"]Pak Daily Times[/URL]

Het wachten is op de volgende vrouw die vermoord wordt ?
De angst zit er al goed in ...

Angst, het middel van de onderdrukker ...

23-02-2007, 09:23

mmmm, het lijkt wel, of alléén in Nederland meisjes en vrouwen "zélfbewust", "zélfstandig", "intelligent" en "trots op hun roots", volkomen vrijwillig voor het hoofddoekje schijnen te kiezen....

ergens anders, en vooral in de bezette gebieden, lijkt het anders te gaan...

23-02-2007, 12:41
Dat komt omdat ze de vrijheid hebben om wel of niet een hoofddoekje te dragen in plaats van met de dood bedreigd worden als ze dat niet doen.

Dit is nou wat wij een angst-cultuur noemen.

Klinkt hard, maar het is wel zo.

24-02-2007, 12:57
Hoofddoekjes dragem heeft niks met religie te maken. Is een culturele aangelegenheid. Dus kappen met die onzin.

24-02-2007, 14:39

Citaat door DjFrodo:
Cover up, the fundos are coming!

LAHORE: Preachers are now making the rounds of bus stops in Lahore, forcing women to cover up properly, in line with the teachings of Islam, Daily Times learnt on Thursday. A number of students and teachers from the Punjab University claimed to have been harassed by bearded individuals, saying that they (the men) insisted that the women cover their heads with their dupattas, or else to wear something more ‘Islamic’. PU student Ayesha said that she was stopped at a bus stop near Liberty Market by a bearded man, who asked her to cover her head. “I shrugged it off the first time. But when I found out that the same had happened to another student, this time at a bus stop on The Mall, I got worried,” she said. Another student, who shared a similar experience, said that these people looked like members of a fundamentalist organisation. Both students said that they had discussed the issue with others as well as their teachers, and found that several had similar stories to tell. The recent murder of Punjab minister Zil-e-Huma Usman, allegedly for wearing an ‘un-Islamic’ dress, has added to the concerns of these students.

Bron: [URL="http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\02\23\story_23-2-2007_pg13_5"]Pak Daily Times[/URL]

Het wachten is op de volgende vrouw die vermoord wordt ?
De angst zit er al goed in ...

Angst, het middel van de onderdrukker ...

en wie komt er voor hen op?