Bekijk volle/desktop versie : Ramón Calderón: "We'll try to thrill our fans against Dynamo Kiev and Atletico"

26-09-2006, 11:17
Ramón Calderón: "We'll try to thrill our fans against Dynamo Kiev and Atletico"

This is an important week for Real Madrid. The Whites face Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday in Champions League play and then cross-town rival, Atletico Madrid on Sunday. Two matches that will serve as crucial tests of the team's progress. President Ramón Calderón referred to the games, as well as Cicinho's injury when he spoke to Realmadrid.com and RealmadridTV. "We will try to thrill our fans," stated the President.

During his visit to Zurich to meet with FIFA President, Joseph Blatter, Real Madrid President Ramón Calderón reviewed the current state of the Madridista Club during this important week. Dyamo Kiev and Atletico Madrid are two important touchstones for Fabio Capello's squad.“We are going to try to thrill our fans against Dynamo Kiev, and then we have two very important games against Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. The team is in good form. Fabio Capello is doing a great job and were are going to do our best to win,” said Calderón.
Cicinho's injury
The President is very sorry that Cicinho tore his anterior cruciate ligament, but he has faith in the other options the squad can offer. “It's a shame. They will perform surgery tomorrow, and his recovery will take between six and eight months. He is young and strong, and these injuries tend to happen in the football world. We will be by his side every step of the way. He's an exceptional footballer and he'll be an important member of the team at the end of the season. Other than Salgado, we have Mejía, Ramos… Although you already know that I know nothing about football. I represent the Club and help out wherever I can,” he added.

“Cerezo will have to wait”
Sunday's 6 pm CET derby against Atletico Madrid should be very exciting, especially because Real Madrid are only one point ahead of their cross-town rival. Calderón has told Atleti President Cerezo that he will have to wait to taste victory against their eternal rival, saying, “Cerezo told me that he still has a thorn in his side and that he's embarrassed about never having beaten Real Madrid. I told him he would have to wait a little longer until there's a different Real Madrid President.”