Question: How can I honour and show righteousness towards my mother after her death?

Respone: All praise is due to Allaah.

It has been established from the Prophet (salAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that a questioner asked him: O Messenger of Allaah, is there anything left by way of honouring and showing righteousness towards my parents which I may honour them with and show righteousness towards them after their death? And the Messenger of Allaah (salAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘[sending] the prayers upon them, and seeking forgiveness for them, and the execution of their promise/ contract [that they may have] after them [i.e. their death] and showing respect and kindness towards their friends, and the ties of kinship which cannot be reached except by way of them [i.e. linked to them].’

All this is from honouring and showing righteousness towards the parents after their death.

And we advise you to make du’aa for your mother and seek forgiveness for her and to execute and carry out her legislated Will and to show righteousness and kindness towards her friends and (to maintain the) kinship with your maternal uncles and maternal aunts and the rest of your relatives from your mothers side.

May Allaah give you success and make your affair easy for you, and accept (the good actions) from us and from you and from all the muslims – and Allaah is the Successful.

كيف أبـر أمي بعـد مـوته

المرجع: http://www.sahab.com

السؤال: كيف أبـر أمي بعـد مـوتها؟

الجواب: الحمد لله ثبت عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه سأله سائل فقال يا رسول الله : (هل بقي من بر أبوي شيء أبرهما به بعد موتهما فقال عليه الصلاة والسلام : الصلاة عليهما والاستغفار لهما وإنفاذ عهدهما من بعدهما وإكرام صديقهما وصلة الرحم التي لا توصل إلا بهما) هذا كله من بر الوالدين بعد وفاتهما . فنوصيك بالدعاء للوالدة والاستغفار لها وتنفيذ وصيتها الشرعية وإكرام أصدقائها وصلة أخوالك وخالاتك وسائر أقاربك من جهة الأم . وفقك الله ويسر أمرك . وتقبل منا ومنك ومن كل مسلم . والله الموفق.