Question:

"A lady from Algeria says, as-salamu `alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuh (May Allah's Peace, Mercy, and Blessings be upon you!). In my early life, I was religious and wore the Hijab but later I changed and followed the way of those who like to play and satisfy their desires. I got married but I betrayed my husband with some men and then felt remorse and now I wonder if Allah (Exalted be He) forgives me and accepts my repentance. What are the things I have to do so that Allah would forgive me and accept my repentance?"

Answer:

"May Allah's Peace, Mercy, and Blessings be upon you too!

Allah (Glorified be He) says,

{Say: "O ‘Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh: verily, Allâh forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.} [Surah Az-Zumar 39:53]

Scholars agreed upon the fact that this verse refers to those who repent. Allah (Glorified be He) says,

{Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven.} [Surah Al-Anfal 8:38]

Allah (Glorified be He) says,

{And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful} [Surah An-Nur 24:31]

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Islam wipes out all that has gone before it (previous misdeeds) and penitence also wipes out all that has gone before it." [Sahih Muslim, Book on faith, no. 121]

So we advise you to keep repenting, to regret what you committed in the past, to quit sins, and to intend sincerely not to commit them again. In this way, Allah (Exalted be He) forgives all the past. The fourth condition is a must if the sin is related to others' rights; if you owe some one any thing or a loan, or robbed some one, or took something by force, you have to pay it back so that your repentance would be complete, if you also fulfill the previous three conditions. Be optimistic, think well of Allah, accompany good women, and recite as much as you can of the Holy Qur'an and read the authentic Hadiths.

May Allah help us all adhere to the right way and protect us from our evil selves, bad deeds, and the devil's temptations. Allah is the Most Generous and the Most Bountiful.
May Allah's Peace, Mercy, and Blessings be upon you!

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez bin 'Abdullah bin Baaz, may Allah have mercy upon him

http://www.salafi-dawah.com/the-four...ed-tawbah.html