*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Question Hoe en wanneer verricht je het Istikhara gebed op de correcte voorgeschreven manier?

Assalamu alikum,

Hoe verricht ik het Istikhara gebed op correcte wijze en wat zijn haar bijbehorende voorschriften om in acht te nemen, opdat het gebed geaccepteerd en verhoord wordt?

Voor een ieder die een belangrijk besluit wil nemen en niet weet of het goede zich bevindt in het verrichten ervan of het laten ervan, is het aanbevolen om Allah - Verheven is Hij - hierin om het beste te vragen (istikhaarah). Men bidt dan twee raka'aat die niet tot het verplichte gebed behoren, vervolgens verricht men na de tasliem de bekende smeekbede uit de overlevering van Djaabir
    zei de Profeet :

"Wanneer één van jullie een besluit wil maken, laat hij dan twee raka'aat bidden buiten het verplichte gebed om en laat hij vervolgens zeggen:"

"Allahoemma innie astakhieroeka bi 'Ilmik, wa astaqdiroeka bi Qoedratik, wa as-aloeka min Fadlikal-‘Adhiem. Fa-innaka taqdiroe wa laa aqdir, wa ta'lamoe wa laa a'lam, wa Anta ‘Allaamoel-Ghoeyoeb. Allahoemma in koenta ta'lamoe anna haadhal-amra khayroen lie fie dienie wa ma'aashie wa ‘aaqibati amrie (of hij zei: ‘aadjili amrie wa aadjilihi), faqdoerhoe lie, wa yassirhoe lie, thoemma baarik lie fieh. Wa in koenta ta'lamoe anna haadhal-amra sharroen lie fie dienie wa ma'aashie wa ‘aaqibati amrie (of hij zei: ‘aadjili amrie wa aadjilihi), fasrifhoe ‘annie, wasrifnie ‘anhoe, waqdoerlil-khayra haythoe kaan, thoemma ardinie bih."

"O Allah, ik vraag U om het beste bij Uw Kennis, ik vraag U dat U mij er sterk voor maakt bij Uw Kracht, en ik vraag U om Uw Geweldige Gunst. Want voorwaar, U heeft Kracht en ik niet, U heeft Kennis en ik niet en U bent de Kenner van de Verborgenheden. O Allah, als U weet dat deze zaak beter voor mij is betreffende mijn religie, mijn leven en mijn einde" of hij zei: "mijn huidige en toekomende situatie: beschik het dan voor mij voor, vergemakkelijk het voor mij en zegen het daarna voor mij. En als U weet dat deze zaak slechter voor mij is betreffende mijn religie, mijn leven en mijn einde" of hij zei: "mijn huidige en toekomende situatie: wend het dan van mij af en wend mij ervan af. En beschik het goede voor mij voor, waar dit zich ook bevindt en stel mij vervolgens hiermee tevreden."

Hij zei: "En dan noemt hij zijn zaak (die hij wil besluiten)."

Oplezen van de smeekbede van een blaadje: Na het gebed, mag dit?

Deze vraag werd gesteld aan de Permanente Raad van Wetenschappelijke Onderzoeken en Fatawa in Saudi-Arabië:

Zij antwoorden:

JA, dat is toegestaan. Je mag de smeekbede van de Istikhara uit je hoofd opzeggen of je mag het ook uit een boek lezen,op dat vlak is de Islam tolerant. We raden je wel aan om moeite te doen opdat jou hart aanwezig zou zijn en van nederigheid getuigt tegenover Allah en wees oprecht in jou smeekbeden.

Fatwas of Nur `Ala Al-Darb>Volume 11>Book on Salah (Section 6)>Remaining part of the chapter on voluntary Salah>How is Salat-ul-Istikharah performed:

Question: Please guide me to the correct way of offering Salat-ul-Istikharah (Prayer for guidance).

Answer:

Salat-ul-Istikharah is like other Salahs (Prayers). When asking Allah for guidance, people are recommended to offer two supererogatory Rak`ahs (units of Prayer) in which they recite Al-Fatihah (Opening Chapter of the Qur'an) and any other Surah (Qur'anic chapter) easy for them. After finishing the Salah, they are to raise their hands, supplicating to Allah to guide them to the choice that will be better and more beneficial for them, and mention the matter they want by name. If they are asking for guidance about marriage, they may say: "O Allah, make me pleased with marrying so and so if this will bring good." If it is a matter concerning travel, they may say: "O Allah, make me feel relieved about traveling to such and such a country if this is good for me."

If they have memorized the Du`a' (supplication) reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him), they should say it, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) taught the person seeking guidance from Allah to say: O Allah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your Knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your Power, and I ask You of Your great Bounty. You are Capable and I am not. You know, and I know not. You are the All-Knower of the Unseen. O Allah, if, in Your knowledge, this matter (it should be mentioned, such as getting married, traveling, trading or the like) is good for me concerning my religion, my livelihood and the outcome of my affairs (or: in this world and in the Hereafter), ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me.

And if, in Your knowledge, this matter (should name it) is bad for me concerning my religion, my livelihood, and the outcome of my affairs (or: in this world and in the Hereafter), turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it. This is the Du`a' Ma'thur (supplication based on transmitted reports) that is reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him). If you have memorized this Du`a', you should say it. If not, you can say whatever Du`a' is easy for you. You may say: "O Allah, make me pleased with this travel, this marriage, this transaction, or this visit if it is good for me." If you doubt the outcome or benefit of something, you may name it and ask Allah to guide you and make you willing to do what is better and more beneficial for you.

Fatwas of Ibn Baz>Volume 11>The Book of Salah (Prayer): Section Two>Supererogatory Salah>Salat-ul-Istikharah

Salat-ul-Istikharah:

Question: How is Salat-ul-Istikharah (prayer for guidance) offered? Should Du`a'-ul-Istikharah (supplication for guidance) be said before or after Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer)?

Answer:

Salat-ul-Istikharah is an act of Sunnah (supererogatory act of worship following the example of the Prophet). Du`a'-ul-Istikharah should be said after Taslim as has been narrated in the noble Hadith.The description of this Salah is that one should offer two supererogatory Rak’ahs (unit of Prayer). In each Rak`ah one should recite Surah Al-Fatihah and some Ayahs (Qur'anic verses). After Taslim one should raise their hands to make Du`a'-ul-Istikharah. The formula of Du`a'-ul-Istikharah as worded by the Prophet (peace be upon him) reads:

Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi ‘ilmika wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika wa as’aluka min fadlika al-`azhim, fa innaka taqdiru wala aqdir, wa ta’lamu wala a’lam, wa anta ‘allam al-ghuyub. Allahumma in kunta ta’lamu anna hadha’l-amra (...) khayran li fi dini wa ma`ashi wa ‘aqibatu amri, fa-aqdirhu li, wa yasirhu li, thumma barik li fih, wa in kunta ta`lamu anna hadhal-‘amra sharran li fi dini wa ma`ashi wa ‘aqibatu amri, fa-asrifhu ‘anni wa asrifni ‘anhu, wa aqdir liyal-khaira haithu kan, thumma ‘irdini bih.

(O Allah, I seek Your help in finding out the best course of action (in this matter) by invoking Your knowledge; I ask You to empower me, and I beseech Your favor. You alone have the absolute power, while I have no power. You alone know it all, while I do not. You are the One Who knows the hidden mysteries. O Allah, if You know this thing (I am embarking on) [here mention your case] is good for me in my religion, worldly life, and my ultimate destiny, then facilitate it for me, and then bless me in my action. If, on the other hand, You know this thing is detrimental for me in my religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny, turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and decree what is good for me, wherever it may be, and make me content with it.) (Related by Al-Bukhari in his Sahih (authentic) Book of Hadith)

Wanneer wordt het Istikhaara gebed verricht? - Shaykh al-Albaani (rahimuhuAllah) :

Kortom:

Kortom:

Istikhara betekent immers dat je Allah subhanahu watahala vraagt om je te leiden naar een juiste keuze in de toegestane zaken waar je een belangrijk besluit over moet maken. Je vraagt Allah subhanahu watahala om deze keuze te vergemakkelijken indien het goed voor je is en om je ervan weg te houden-tegen te werken indien dit niet het geval is. Het gaat er bij het verrichten van dit gebed om dat je zelf eerst een oprecht weloverwogen besluit neemt en vervolgens vraag je na de taslim in die desbetreffende en voorgeschreven dua met vermelding van hetgeen waar je Leiding door Allah subhanahu watahala over wil verkrijgen. Daarna zal bi idni Allah hetgeen waar het besluit over genomen is ofwel vergemakkelijkt worden dan wel naar de Wijsheid van Allah subhanahu watahala en barmhartige ondoorgrondelijkheid daarvan, dit tegengewerkt worden, zodoende zal hetgeen gaan plaatsvinden wat voor jou goed is en je hart rust bij ervaart, aldus de kibaar ulaama hierover. Wa Allahu ahlem. Het gaat er dus niet om dat je dromen of andere tekenen gaat krijgen die je moet afwachten en ook is het niet de bedoeling dat je dit gebed meerdere malen herhaalt voor dezelfde kwestie. Insha Allah is het zo verduidelijkt voor de oprechten onder ons. Ghair insha Allah!
    Wassalaam.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Fatwas of Ibn Baz>Volume 11>The Book of Salah (Prayer): Section Two>Supererogatory Salah>When to recite Du`a'-ul-Istikharah in Salah:

When to recite Du`a'-ul-Istikharah in Salah "

Question: A brother from Makkah asks: Does a person have to say Du`a'-ul-Istikharah (supplication for guidance) during or after Salah? If during Salah, at which part should this Du`a' be said? Is there any difference between reciting it from a book or a paper and reciting it from memory? Is it permissible to repeat Salat-ul-Istikharah (prayer for guidance) more than one time?

Answer:

It is Mashru` (Islamically acceptable) for a Muslim to recite Du`a'-ul-Istikharah after saying Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If any of you intends to undertake a matter, he should at first offer two non-obligatory Rak`ah (unit of Prayer) then say:

Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi-‘ilmika, ...

This indicates that Du`a'-ul-Istikharah is recited after Salah. It is preferable for a person to raise their hands while making this Du`a' as this helps in having it answered. The above Hadith has been related by Al-Bukhari in his Sahih (authentic) Book of Hadith on the authority of Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him).

The text of the Hadith provides: Jabir ibn `Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with them both) narrated: “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) taught us to offer Salat-ul-Istikharah in all our affairs in the same way he taught us a Surah (Qur'anic chapter) from Qu’ran.

He would say: "If any of you intends to undertake a matter, he should at first offer two non-obligatory Rak`ah and then say:

Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi-‘ilmika, wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratik, wa as’aluka min fadlika al-‘Azheem, fa-innaka taqdir wa-la aqdir, wa ta`lam wa-la ‘alam, wa anta ‘allamu al-ghuyub, Allahumma in kunta ta`lamu anna hadhal-‘amra (…) khairun li fi dini wa ma`ashi wa ‘aqibatu amri (‘agilihi wa agilihi) fa-aqdirhu li, wa yasirhu li, thumma barik li fih, wa in kunta ta`lamu anna hadhal-‘amra sharrun li fi dini wa ma`ashi wa ‘aqibatu amri (‘agilihi wa agilihi), fa-asrifhu ‘anni wa asrifni ‘anhu, wa aqdir liyal-khaira haithu kan, thumma ‘irdini bih

(O Allah, I seek Your help in finding out the best course of action (in this matter) by invoking Your knowledge; I ask You to empower me, and I beseech Your favor. You alone have the absolute power, while I have no power. You alone know it all, while I do not. You are the One Who knows the hidden mysteries. O Allah, if You know this thing (I am embarking on) [here mention his case] is good for me in my religion, worldly life, and my ultimate destiny, then facilitate it for me, and then bless me in my action. If, on the other hand, You know this thing is detrimental for me in my religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny, turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and decree what is good for me, wherever it may be, and make me content with it.) (Related by Al-Bukhari)

Fatwas of Ibn Baz>Volume 30>Book on Mulhaqat Al-Salah (2)>Chapter on Optional Prayer>the times when the Salah (prayer) is prohibited :

59- Times when Salah is prohibited

Question: What are the forbidden times during which Salah is prohibited?

Answer:

These forbidden times are as follows: From the break of dawn until the sun rises to the length of a spear, from the time the sun reaches its meridian till its end, and immediately after `Asr until sunset. These are the times when Salah is prohibited according to the reports authentically related from the Prophet (peace be upon him).

However, it is permissible to offer the Salah that is done for a specific reason at these times, according to the soundest opinion of scholars such as Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse), the two Rak`ahs after Tawaf (circumambulation around the Ka`bah), and Tahiyyat-ul-Masjid (two-unit-Prayer to greet the mosque).

Similarly, it is permissible to offer the two supererogatory Rak`ahs, which are regularly performed prior to Fajr Prayer after the break of the dawn. It is impermissible to offer more than two Rak`ahs, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to offer only two short Rak`ahs prior to Fajr Prayer. When the person misses it due to the lack of time or for some other reason that prevents him from doing so before Fajr Prayer, he may offer it after Fajr Prayer or preferably after sunrise. May Allah grant us success!
    "

Fatwas of Ibn Baz>Volume 11>The Book of Salah (Prayer): Section Two>Supererogatory Salah>performing salah in the time of forbiddance:

Offering supererogatory Salah at forbidden times :

Question: Is it Makruh (reprehensible) to offer any Salah (Prayer) even Tahiyyat-ul-Masjid (two-unit-Prayer to greet the mosque) before Maghrib (Sunset) Prayer?

Answer:

This question is quite vague and needs further explanation regarding the time and type of the offered Salah. The time after ‘Asr (Afternoon) Prayer until sunset, for example, is a time when it is not permissible to offer supererogatory Salah.

Therefore, a person should not generally offer Salah during that time based on the Hadiths reported to that effect, among them is the one in which the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: There is no Salah after Subh (Dawn) until the sun has risen high, and there is no Salah after ‘Asr until the sun has set. (Agreed upon by Imams Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

But if the person is making up for a missed obligatory Salah, it will not be subject to this ruling according to Ijma‘ (consensus of scholars), for the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Anyone who forgets a Salah let them offer it as soon as they remember it, for there is no Kaffarah (expiation) for it other than that.

As for occasional Salahs that are offered for specific reasons such as: Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse), Tahiyyat-ul-Masjid (two-unit-Prayer to greet the mosque) or other acts like Sujud-ul-Tilawah (Prostration of Recitation), they are permissible during the times when it is forbidden to offer supererogatory Salah, according to the preponderant opinion of scholars, because the Hadiths reported regarding occasional Salahs offered for specific reasons generally include all times; the times when it is not permissible to offer supererogatory Salah and other times, as the following Hadith: When anyone of you enters the Masjid, they should not sit down until they pray two Rak‘ahs (units of Prayer). (Agreed upon by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

In summary, the texts of Hadith reported with respect to prohibiting Salah during impermissible times are not to be interpreted as including making up for missed Salahs or occasional Salahs offered for specific reasons.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Ibn 'Abbaas verhaalt:

"Ik bevond mij op een dag achter de Profeet (saw), toen hij zei:
    'Jongen, ik wil je een aantal zaken leren:

Denk altijd aan Allah , Hij houdt jou altijd in de gaten. Houd je aan Zijn geboden; Hij zal altijd bij jou zijn. Wanneer je wat te vragen hebt, vraag dat dan aan Allah alleen; en wanneer je hulp zoekt, zoek die dan bij Allah alleen. Denk eraan dat als alle mensen zouden samenkomen om jou een of andere gunst te betonen, zij niet in staat zouden zijn jou iets anders te betonen dan dat wat Allah voor jou vastgesteld heeft. En dat indien zij allemaal zouden samenspannen om jou schade toe te brengen; zij niet in staat zouden zijn om jou iets ergers toe te brengen dan dat wat Allah voor jou vastgesteld heeft. De pennen zijn opgeheven en de boeken zijn opgedroogd."
    (Tirmidi).

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Al 'Irbaad Ibn Saariyah heeft overgeleverd dat Rasuloelaah (s.a.s.) heeft gezegd:

"Denkt een van jullie, achterover geleund op zijn bank, dat Allaah alleen in de Qur'aan vermeld heeft wat verboden is? Ik zeg jullie, Wallaahi, dat ik voor dingen gewaarschuwd heb, dingen verboden en geboden heb die net zo belangrijk zijn als wat in de Qur'aan staat, zo niet belangrijker!!"

Abu Dawoed, kitaab al Giraaj wa'l imaarah wa'l fay.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Iemaam Ibn al-Djawzi (o. 597H) rahiemehoellaah zei: `Abdoel-Wafaa `Alie Ibn `Aqiel al-Faqieh zei: Onze shaych, Aboel-Fadl al-Hamdaanie zei:

De innoveerders van de Islam, en de verzinners van de Hadieth zijn schadelijker dan de ongelovigen (moelhidien), want de ongelovigen wensen de Religie van buitenaf te verzieken en die (i.e. innoveerders), zij wensen het van binnenuit te verzieken. Zij zijn als de mensen van een stad die streven naar corruptie (van binnenuit), maar de ongelovigen zijn het die het van buitenaf hebben omsingeld. Degenen die binnenin zitten openen de vesting en dus zijn zij slechter voor de Islam dan diegene die het kleed van de Islaam niet dragen.!Al-Mawdooaat (1/51) van Ibn al-Djawzi.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

HADITH 28

Aboe Nadjih al-Irbad ibn Sariya (Allah's welbehagen zij met hem) heeft gezegd:

'De Boodschapper van Allah preekte eens op een zodanige manier, dat onze harten van vrees trilden en de tranen ons in de ogen sprongen. Wij zeiden: 'O Boodschapper van Allah! Dit lijkt veel op een afscheidstoespraak. Geef ons daarom raad !'

Hij 1 zei : 'Ik geef jullie het advies om vrees 2 voor Allah, de Almachtige, de Verhevene, te koesteren. Gehoorzaam en luister naar jullie leider, zelfs wanneer een slaaf jullie leider wordt. Waarlijk, diegene van jullie die lang zal leven, zal veel meningsverschillen zien. Je moet je dus aan mijn soenna 3 houden en aan de soenna van de rechtgeleide Kaliefen 4 ; klamp je daar stevig aan vast 5 . Pas op voor nieuwe toevoegingen 6 , want iedere toevoeging is een innovatie en iedere innovatie is een dwaling en iedere dwaling leidt naar het Hellevuur'!'

Overgeleverd door Aboe Dawoed en Tirmidie, die gezegd heeft dat het een goede en betrouwbare hadieth is.

1 De Profeet (Allahs zegen en vrede zij met hem)
    2 In het Arabisch: ‘taqwa'
    3 De oorspronkelijke betekenis is ‘weg' of ‘te volgen pad'.In de Islam wordt het als een technische term gebruikt voor het gehele doen en laten van de Profeet (Allahs zegen en vreden zij met hem) en zijn Metgezellen(Allahs welbehagen zij met hen), zoals het aan ons is overgeleverd.
    4 De titel ‘rechtgeleide Kaliefen' is gegeven aan de eerste vier Kaliefen in de Islam.
    5 Letterlijk: Bijt je daar met je tanden aan vast.
    6 Bedoeld wordt elke ongeoorloofde toevoeging aan de geloofspraktijk. Het slaat dus niet op neutrale gewoontes,etc.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Shayhk al islaam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimuhAllah):

"There is no criticism for the one who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it. Rather, it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement (Ittifaaq) because the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf is nothing but the Truth (Haqq)!"

Majmoo al-Fataawaa 4:149.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Imaam Al-Barbahaari zei:

اعلم أن الإسلام هو السنة والسنة هي الإسلام ولا يقوم أحدهما إلا بالآخر

“Weet dus dat Islam zelf de Sunnah is en dat de Sunnah zelf Islaam is, en de een kan niet bestaan zonder de ander!”

["Sharh As-Sunnah", 1]

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Shayhk al islaam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimuhAllah):

"There is no criticism for the one who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it. Rather, it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement (Ittifaaq) because the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf is nothing but the Truth (Haqq)!"

Majmoo al-Fataawaa 4:149.

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Al 'Irbaad Ibn Saariyah heeft overgeleverd dat Rasuuloellaah (s.a.s.) heeft gezegd:

"Denkt een van jullie, achterover geleund op zijn bank, dat Allaah alleen in de Qur'aan vermeld heeft wat verboden is? Ik zeg jullie, Wallaahi, dat ik voor dingen gewaarschuwd heb, dingen verboden en geboden heb die net zo belangrijk zijn als wat in de Qur'aan staat, zo niet belangrijker!!"

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Citaat Geplaatst door Abdurrahmaan321 Bekijk reactie
    ^^^

BarakAllahu feek aghi. Ghair insha Allah!

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Iemaam al-Awzaa'ie heeft gezegd:

"Houdt jullie vast aan de overleveringen van de Selef zelfs wanneer de mensen je niet accepteren en wees gewaarschuwd voor de meningen van personen zelfs wanneer zij hun praatjes schoonschijnend maken! (Overgeleverd door al-Aadjoerrie in Ash-Sharie'ah nr. 63)

Mohammed ibn Bindaar es-Sabbaak el-Djardjaanie heeft gezegd:

Ik zei ooit eens tegen Ahmed ibn Hanbal: “Werkelijk, het wordt moeilijk voor mij om te zeggen ‘die en die is zwak’ en ‘die en die is een leugenaar’.”

Dus Ahmed zei: “Als jij nu stil blijft en ik blijf stil, wie zal dan de onwetende persoon gewaar maken van wat authentiek is en wat defectief is!!?” (Madjmoe’oel-Fataawaa van ibn Temiejah (28/231))

El-Foedayl ibn `Ijaadh heeft gezegd:

‘De zielen zijn geschapen in groepen die elkaar aantrekken. Diegene die elkaar ontmoet hebben klikken met elkaar terwijl degenen die elkaar niet ontmoet hebben elkaar afstoten! Het is onmogelijk dat een Soennie zich aangetrokken voelt tot een persoon van bid’ah behalve uit hypocrisie!’ Ibn Battah zei vervolgens in zijn commentaar op deze uitspraak van el-Fodayl: ‘el-Fodayl heeft hier gelijk, want we zien dit hedendaags met eigen ogen!’(Al-Iebaanah 2/456).

Al 'Irbaad Ibn Saariyah heeft overgeleverd dat Rasuuloellaah (s.a.s.) heeft gezegd:

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Abu Hurairah [Radhiya Allahu ‘anhu] heeft overlevert dat de Boodschapper van Allah [sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa salam] gezegd heeft:

Aan het einde der tijden zullen er bedriegers en leugenaars zijn die jullie ahadeeth zullen geven die jullie nog nooit gehoord hebben, noch jullie noch jullie ouders. Let goed op dat ze jullie niet op het verkeerde pad brengen en dat ze jullie niet verleiden!”

[Hadeeth bij As-Suyuti. Zie Tarteeb Saheeh Al-Djaami’ As-Sagheer Wa Ziyaadaatih 4/103].

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Ibn Barjas (rahimahullâh) said:

“O student! If you want knowledge from its sources then you should stick to the great scholars [Kibâr-ul-'ulama]: those who have gray beards and weak bodies and have lost their power in [pursuit of] knowledge and educating. Stick to them before they disappear and take from their treasure before they take it with them. One misses the full-moon in the dark night.” (al-’Awa’iq, p. 26)

Imâm al-Âjurrî (d. 360) said:

”The scholars are the lights of the servants, the lighthouses of the countries, the pillars of the Ummah and the sources of the wisdom. They cause the wrath of the Devil. By their help, the hearts of the faithful live and because of them, the hearts of the misguided die. Their existence on earth is likened to the existence of the stars in the heaven by which one is guided by upon the land and sea. When they extinguish, one falls into confusion. When they shine, one sees clearly.” (Akhlâq-ul-‘Ulamâ´, p.10)

al-Hasan al-Basrî (rahimahullâh) said:

“The entire world is a darkness except for the sittings with the scholars.” (Jâmi’ Bayân-il-’ilm 1/114)

‘Abdullâh Âl ash-Shaykh said:

“Allâh has made the scholars into mediators between the Messengers and the people.” (ad-Durar 4/388)

*Rosa,inter amicos*.

Reacties
    19-01-2011

Situation of the Ummah:

"When the Glorious Qur'an and the Sunnah are abandoned, because it is thought that they are insufficient; and when human opinions, analogy, discretion, and the words of scholars are sought, people's natures are corrupted, their hearts become dark, their understandings become confused, and their minds become distorted. All the previously mentioned matters had a great impact on their lives to the extent that the young and the old lived under these circumstances, thinking them to be allowed. Alternative conditions prevailed, in which innovated matters replaced Prophetic traditions, inclination replaced wisdom, vain desires replaced reason, doing astray replaced guidance, the wrong replaced the good, ignorance replaced knowledge, hypocrisy replaced devotion, the unlawful replaced the lawful, lying substituted truthfullness, flattery substituted advice, and injustice replaced justice, thus these evils reigned supreme, and their holders became privileged, despite the prevalence of their opposite in the past, where their holders were the privileged ones. If you see the superiority of such evils, and their slogans are set up where their armies are invading, surely the bottom of the earth would be much desirable than it's surface, the peaks of mountains would be more preferable than the plains, and accompanying beasts would be better than accompanying people!"

Source: "Al-Fawaid" by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyah(rahimuhuAllah).